IV. I Train My Butt Off

Wow, I need to not take hiatuses anymore. I'm so sorry for abandoning this story, I'm truly an awful person. Anyway, please enjoy this.

Hannah x

~

   There was no rest that night

   There was no rest that night. The day of November 30th dragged on like the thoughts in my head. Cassius talked and talked, filling me in on important things around the camp. The lack of snow was because of the magic barrier, I could contact my father via Iris message or something, the intense training. There was so much of this camp that would require me to move my muscles in ways that haven't been moved before—my body was not acquit to it, sadly.

   Nightmares plagued me when I was asleep. They aren't like the dream I had while in the infirmary, no. These dreams were more like dreams, but I'm still not sure what to make of them. I saw my family with sky blue eyes. Just that, not whites or pupils. Just blue. They were saying the same thing over and over again.

   "He will rise. He will conquer."

   The voices rang in my ears like tiny little bells. My head pounded at those words. He will rise, he will conquer. He will rise, he will conquer. Even little Amelie was babbling it, and she hadn't yet spoken yet. All throughout the night I woke, fell back asleep. and was faced with their agonizing faces.

   He will rise.

   He will conquer.

   A shiver ran through my spine at the words. A bead of sweat ran down my neck and slipped through the collar of my new Camp Half-Blood t-shirt.

  "Hey, Evie! Are you okay?" A hand waved in front of my face. Cash stood with a puzzled expression on his face. The abundance of nicknames he had for me was going to take getting used to. "You seem stressed, need to stop?"

   I glanced down at Àlikos in my hand, my knuckles had turned white from the hard grip. Out of the corner of my eyes, two half-bloods were training. One was big—six foot, almost seven, maybe—his dark hair hung over his eyes as he battled the girl before him. She was tiny, very tiny. But her smallness gifted her with swift movements as she dashed back and forth. A mace swung from her right hand, it was a wonder she could carry it.

   A clear of a throat made me pay attention to Cash. He held two swords, one in each hand. Armor clung to his lanky form and his long, dark hair was tied into a bun. "You ready?"

   I nodded, gathering the hair that had fallen down my face behind my shoulders. Adjusting the armor on my chest, I positioned myself. You'd think being the great granddaughter of Ares would give you some perks, but so far in my training, none. As soon as I woke up this morning they had me eat, clean up, then training—I still don't even know where I'm sleeping tonight. Every weapon I picked was no use to me, I couldn't use it. They had tried bows, swords, axes, even water, and I couldn't use any of it. I didn't know how.