Chapter Thirty-two - Sick toddler

Liam's POV

Louis was spread out on the couch, pretty much the only place he'd been over the last week and a half. He had been discharged from hospital once his pain was manageable with oral painrelief, but was on strict bed rest for the next two weeks. Something he didn't like one bit. I was glad to be still on leave from college, although I'd have to go back next week, because he was trying really hard to get out of his bed rest. 

I smiled at the scoff on his face as he laid there, glaring at the TV because nothing good was on and he didn't feel like watching a movie because it was too long. Taking care of a sick Lou was like taking care of a sick toddler. At least I didn't have to make sure he didn't get to watch any inappropriate TV shows for his age. "Hey Boo, I made you some soup."

"I don't want soup! I'm sick of soup!" he whined and I rolled my eyes. Like I said, a sick toddler. 

"Fine Lou, I'll eat it then, whatever. Just let me know if you want something." I replied, flinging myself down on the couch next to his head. He looked up to me and moved further up my way, resting his head on my lap.

"Sorry bambi. It's just that I'm so sick and tired of not being allowed to do anything. But I know you mean well."

"It's okay. Just four more days and you can start moving around again. Do you want anything else?" I asked, running my fingers through his silky hair as he nuzzled his face into my legs.

"No, it's fine. I'm not allowed to do anything I'm not already bored of, so I'll just settle with cuddling you." he smiled sweetly and leaned into my touch. The bruises on his face were fading and the scratches were pretty much healed. He looked almost like nothing happened, almost. 

Niall and Harry were out into the city to shop for Harry's art supplies, together with Zayn and Helen if I remembered correctly, and they would bring some groceries for dinner as well. Louis had asked, or rather demanded lasagne, and everyone gladly agreed to having Harry cook it. His lasagne was the absolute best in town.

"Babe?" he asked after watching some stupid talkshow. I just hummed in reply and shifted a bit to make myself more comfortable on the couch. I pitied Louis really, our couch wasn't all that comfortable and definitely not made for lying down on it for two weeks straight. Well, you can't expect anything else than Ikea for a students flat, right?

"What would you say if I went back to studying?"

"I'd say that you have to do whatever you want. Why?"

"I've just been thinking. I mean, I love my job, but I don't know if I'll be okay with working in a bakery until I'm 70. It's okay for now, and I won't be able to completely quit it when I go back to studying, but I think it'll make me feel better if I go studying something."

"Hmmm. I understand. What would you like to study?"

"I'm not sure, something social, maybe to become a social worker or something. It may sound stupid and cheesy, but I think I'd like to work in one of those drug addict help centers."

"It doesn't sound stupid and cheesy. It sounds cool. You know first hand how they feel and maybe you're in a good position to know what they need."

"You think so?"

"Sure. You should do some research on schools and stuff, maybe you could be starting it even next month already."

"I uh... I kinda already did. And I may have an appointment with someone next Wednesday."

I chuckled, I should've known he would've done more than think about it. "That's great. Do you want me to come with you? I don't think I have classes on Wednesday."