Chapter eightteen - The letter

Dear mrs. Tomlinson,

This letter might seem a bit weird, but I just hope you read it till the end. My name is Liam Payne, and I'm sending you this letter because I care very much about your son. I know things haven't been easy for you these last couple of years, regarding Louis, but he has changed.

Louis and I met in November of last year, well, I found him out on the streets and took him down to my flat. I'm happy, and proud, to be able to tell you that Louis hasn't been using any drugs ever since. He has changed in this last few months, even I can tell that. He has a job, lives with me and my room mate and he is happy, for the first time in over two years, or that's what he tells me.

I don't know much about you or your daughters, except that Louis misses all of you. He understands the decisions you've made in the past, knowing that you only made them for the sake of your family, but it pains him to think about what he is missing out on. I can see it in his eyes when one of us, his friends, talks about our families, or when we visit them.

He misses having a family to rely on. To have a mother to ask for advice, a little sister to give advice or just read a story to. He won't say it in so many words, but I can tell.

I know you've probably given him more chances than he deserved already, but still, I would like to ask you to give him one more. I am absolutely certain that he won't screw up this time, I guarantee you that he's changed.

Louis knows, kind of, that I'm sending you a letter, but he doesn't want to know if you never reply, or if your answer is negative. I think I'd understand if that happens, I've been on your side of this story before, but I see Louis now, and I think he really deserves this last chance. I just hope that you can still find it within yourself to give it to him.

Sincerely,

Liam Payne.

I re-read it one last time and sighed before I folded it and put it inside its envelope. I wrote the address on the front and licked the stamp before pressing it firmly in its place. Putting it back in my drawer, remembering Louis' request not to know any details about the letter like when I sent it and if I got a reply unless is was a good one. I turned around, letting my eyes linger on his delicate features. He was already asleep for a few hours now, but I kept tossing and turning, remembering how sad but yet hopeful he had looked on our way back from Wolverhampton. I know he had enjoyed spending time with my mum, but it also brought back bucket loads of memories from him and his own mum, which was bound to make him sad in a way.

Another sigh left my lips as I switched off the small lamp on my desktop, allowing myself a few minutes to adjust my eyes to the now dark room before getting back to bed. Louis arms flung around my waist as soon as I snuggled up to him, my face nuzzling in the crook of his neck.

I woke up to Louis pressing soft kisses along my neck, making me groan at the back of my throat, both in pleasure and in annoyance by being woken up this early in the morning.

“Loueeeeeeh I want to sleep some more!”

“Don't be lazy now Liam, it's our second to last day together, and you still have that rain check to cash in, since we were both knackered yesterday.” he mumbled, nibbling on my earlobe.

“Argh. What time is it anyway?” I couldn't deny my body's reaction to his actions, but I felt like I had only just fallen asleep.

“7.30.”

“Seven Thirty? Are. You. Crazy? I'm on holiday Tomlinson.”

“Yes, and so am I. But I think waking up with some hot lovin' is a perfect way to spend your holiday.” he half-moaned, pressing his hardening member against mine, which didn't exactly leave any doubt about how much I was enjoying this. “You know you love it baby.” he whispered seductively, biting his lip in that way he KNEW would drive me crazy.

I groaned, knowing he was in fact right and decided I would go with it, turning him around so I straddled his hips, taking over the teasing.

We took our sweet time making love, knowing we still had the entire day ahead of us, so there was no need to rush anything, and it was about 10am when I laid down at his side, my arms around his waist, his hands trailing patterns on my back as I closed my eyes, enjoying the moment.

The sun was playing hide and seek when we had finally found the courage to get out of bed and have breakfast. We decided to be optimistic and finally go to the zoo like we had wanted to do for a few months now. It was really nice, just strolling around, smiling at the amazement in the little kids' eyes as they watched the animals, pulling their parents along to the next place.

“Do you think we'll ever have that?” He had said it so softly I could barely understand. I looked up at him, finding him biting his lip, an obvious sign of him overthinking something.

“I don't know. Would you want it?”

“Yeah, I've always wanted kids. I love them. It's just... I always pictured myself marrying a girl and having kids with her would be just... the natural next step. But now... It won't be so easy.”

“Louis? Are you saying that...”

“I'm not asking you to marry me Liam,” he smiled. “But yeah, I can see us tying the knot somewhere along the road. And it leaves me wondering if there will ever be little Louis's and Liams running around.”

I stopped dead in my tracks and pulled on his hand that I was holding, causing him to turn around and bump into me. “I can see us doing that too. And I would love little Tomlinsons running around in our house. I never gave much thought to it, I always knew I wanted kids and somehow figured I would find a way to have them.”

His utter most sexy half smile was playing on his lips, soon to be replaced with a broader one. I leaned in, brushing our noses together before letting my lips hover over his.

“I'd love to see you next to me at the altar, mr Payne.” he said softly.

“So would I. But right now, I want an ice cream!” I shouted, letting go of his hands and running off towards the ice cream stand at the other side of the lawn. I was about to order when he reached my side, swinging his arm around my shoulder.

“Bambi, when have you changed into Niall?”

I grinned at him, gesturing for him to tell the vendor what he wanted. We went to sit on a nearby bench to eat our ice cream, his arm around me, my head resting upon his shoulder, allowing me to inhale his addictive scent. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I got it out to check on the text message as Louis went to find a garbage can to dump our trash.

Harry and I are out for dinner. He's buying! Haha! Dropped your letter in the mailbox. Keep me posted. X, Ni.

“Sounds like we have the house to ourselves tonight babe. What do you want to do?”

“Do you really have to ask? Let's go and try if we really can't make babies of our own, shall we?” he winked before taking my hand in his.

Yes, I know it's short, but it's your second update in two days time! And I'm really extremely tired, making me want to go to bed at 8pm. Not normal for me, I'm a night kind of person.

So anyway, I hope you enjoyed it, and I will start thinking about the other stories I'm about to update soon :) I'm gonna be writing the next chapter of the @reallyawesomesauce first, probably, and we will be uploading them soon, so check it out! And then I think I'm going to write a sort of one shot sequel to my favourite adventure. Love my Nialler and June :D