Chapter seven - First date

Louis's POV 

I didn't sleep much that night. Liam had stayed up to study for his exam the next day, and I couldn't help but watch him from his bed, cuddled up to myself under the covers. He looked so enormously handsome, in the light of his desktop lamp, his face scrunched up in utter concentration. The fact that I was extremely nervous for my first day working at the bakery didn't help either.

I think it was around four when Liam finally flicked his desktop lamp off, undressing in the dark room, leaving me to enjoy his shadow against the shimmer from the street lights that was coming in through the window. Even in the dark, when I could only see the outlines of his body while undressing, he looked incredibly beautiful and sexy, causing this pleasurable warmth in my stomach when I watched him. I scooted over so he could slide under the covers next to me, finally making him realise I wasn't asleep.

"Hey babe, you're still up?" he yawned before adjusting himself in my arms.

"No, I'm one of these freaky people who talk in their sleep, didn't you know?" I retorted sarcastically, earning me a slap around the back of my head. "Ow!"

"You so totally deserved that. Never ever mess with Liam Payn when he has exams. It'll teach you!"

"Are you okay for tomorrow?" I asked, now sincerely interested in his studies.

"Pfffft I don't know really. I think I've got most of it covered, but I'm bound to mix up some of those 18th century writers. Who cares about them anyway?" he whined.

"Aw baby, you're a sexy smartass so I'm sure you'll nail that exam no matter what." I mumbled, cuddling close to his chest, finally feeling sleep taking over.

The next morning, I woke at the first sound of my alarm clock, sliding the button to the left as soon as I opened my eyes, trying hard not to wake Liam up with me. I rubbed my eyes, maybe 3 hours of sleep wasn't exactly enough before starting a new job, but it had to do anyway. I ran into the shower, almost slipping but just managing to hold myself up by grabbing the door and stifled a high pitched scream as the ice cold water fell onto my body. Being the first one to shower was obviously not a very nice experience around this flat. Soon enough, the water was warming up, allowing me to wash myself before jumping out again, pulling up my boxers as I hopped through the hallway, heading for my own room to get some fresh clothes. I decided not to bother with eating anything, as my new boss had told me we would have breakfast together, right before opening, instead searching for my other shoe, as I had only located one near the couch in the living room. I had just turned the couch upside down, making sure my shoe wasn't in or underneath it as I heard a loud yawn coming from the door frame.

"Lou? Is it already time for you to go to work? You should've woken me up!" he mumbled through his giant yawning.

"What? No! Liam, go back to bed! You need to sleep before your exam, it's only 7.30 and your exam is not until 11! But now that you're up, you don't happen to know where my right shoe is, I s'pose?"

"I think I saw it in the kitchen near the washing machine. And of course I need to get up, I'm taking you to work."

"What? Why?"

"Because I want to. Just give me 5 to get dressed. I'll take you on my bike." 

I tried protesting, but by now I had already learned that protesting against Liam when he had set his mind on something was quite useless, so I went to fetch my second shoe before following Liam outside.  

It was a short bike ride before he pulled the brakes, arriving in front of the bakery, 5 minutes early. He kissed me goodbye, promising he would come and have lunch after his exam. I waved at him, yelling a good luck as he speeded off again, before turning around, taking a deep breath and pushing the door to the bakery.