Chapter four - Fresh air

Dedicated to TheWayYouLookTonight because her stories The Boat and The Way I Love You totally won me over for the Narry-shipdom :)

Harry's POV

I was getting a bit nervous now. It was almost noon, and the exhibition would open at 2pm. Niall had texted me that him and Liam were coming, together with Liam's new charity case. That's what Niall called them. Every now and then Liam would bring in some addict in an attempt to sober them up and save them. It never worked though, most of them disappeared over the first 24 hours, sometimes taking some Liam and Niall's stuff with them. Niall was fuming when Liam had brought this one in. It had been only a month since the last drunk had taken their entire stack of beer before disappearing, and now Liam had brought in a heroin addict, to make it even worse.

This one had stayed though, and he appeared to be a pretty nice guy, according to Niall who called me last night before he went to bed. He'd told me how he had found him an Liam in one bed, the other boy, Louis he was called, I believe, clutching to Liam's chest. I just hoped this one would end well. I didn't know Liam for that long, since Niall and I were only together for a little under a year, but I knew he was a genuinely good lad, and he had had his portion of bad luck, from what I've heard. He didn't deserve to be hurt. I was pulled out of my thoughts by my ringtone, a look at the screen learned me it was Niall calling.

“Hey babe!”

“Hi love, we were out shopping for Louis, he needs some clothes since all our pants are too large for him, and we were wondering if you'd want to meet us for lunch.”

“Sure. Nando's?” I guessed.

“You know me too well. The one at Glasshouse street, we'll be there in 10” he replied, a smile audible in his voice.

“I'll jump on my bike and be there in 20, I think.”

“'Kay, see you there love!”

“Oh Niall?”

“Yes?”

“You can order already and start eating. Just get me my usual.” I replied with a cheeky grin, although he couldn't see it. I could just hear him belt out his signature laughter as he hung up.

Liam's POV

I could tell that Louis was a bit anxious about going out, but I myself was longing for a bit of fresh air after being trapped in his room for almost a week, so I could only imagine how he felt. He kept on pulling up the jeans I had borrowed him, so I decided we should go out shopping to get him some clothes of his own. He protested at first, but when I showed him I really owned only one long sleeved shirt, he agreed to go out and buy some more, as well as a few pairs of trousers.

“Liam, seriously, I'll pay you back for these, I swear. Even if I have to work three jobs to do so.” he said, for about the fifth time since we'd left the store.

“Don't worry Lou, we'll sort it out, really.” Did I just nickname him? Well, he didn't seem to mind, luckily. He just sighed and speeded up his pace so he was walking next to me, behind Niall who smelt food and couldn't get to Nando's soon enough.

“Just, thanks, okay?”

“It's fine, Lou.” I smiled at him.

“Not even my mum calls me Lou any more. The only thing she calls when I'm around is the cops, actually.” he mumbled sarcastically.

I swung my arm around his shoulder, pulling him closer to me as we walked on.

“I'll gladly call you Lou if you'll let me.” I said softly.