Chapter Twenty-eight - Phone call

Louis' POV

I hardly ever got to see Liam over the next week, I was working a lot at the bakery, he spent an unbelievable amount of time in the library, and some of the left over time was spent in Harry's flat packing his things up for the moving van he'd rented for next Saturday. Niall was all giggling and happy bouncy boy through the entire week, he was even more excited over Harry moving in officially than I'd ever seen him before. It was cute really. 

It was Thursday night and I was with Harry and Niall at Harry's flat. The plan had been for Liam to come with us, but he had called me when I got off from work that he wanted to stay at the library for a couple more hours, since he was 'on a roll'. Whatever that might mean. Niall had given me an pitiful look when I came home and told him but was soon cheered up by the news that we could go to Harry's sooner now. We took the tube there and arrived 15 minutes later.

"Hey Louis, what are you planning for Liam's birthday next week?" Niall suddenly chimed from the other end of the room we were in, sorting through Harry's many gathered treasures. Read: junk. 

"I'm not sure. I wanted to throw a party, since he seemed to like it at my sisters' but he keeps telling me he doesn't want anything special. Just the six of us and some nice dinner." I answered.

"Oh yeah, he does that every year, last year he even tried to make us forget that it was his birthday. I actually think a surprise party might be nice. We could invite his mum and Ruth as well, maybe. Not too much people, or he might get too shy to dance though."

"I'll think about it. It won't be this weekend or the next though, there's not enough time to get everything arranged." I sighed as I put aside yet another garbage bag. "Harry, I swear, why do you keep al this junk?" He grinned and replied cheekily that he just wasn't around this flat enough to sort everything out properly. 

Liam was already sleeping soundly when we arrived back home, much to my disappointment. I hated it when Liam got in this state where nothing else but his school work existed. I'd seen it during his exams, but at least he studied at home then. If I was lucky I'd be able to talk to him tomorrow at breakfast. If he wasn't out by the time I got up, that is. I threw off my clothes and dropped them in the hamper before I took a fresh pair of pyjama pants out of our wardrobe and put them on, sliding under the cover next to Liam right after that. Luckily he was at least cuddly when he slept. I snuggled up to his side and moaned softly into his chest when he laid his arm around me to pull me closer. I fell asleep soon after, my ear pressed to his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. 

He was gone when I woke up, the bed empty but his spot still a bit warm. I walked into the kitchen with only my favourite red and blue plaid pyjama pants, a relieved smile tugging on my lips when I saw Liam at the stove, stirring a big pot of porridge. I wrapped my arms around him and pressed a kiss to his neck. "Thanks for cooking breakfast babe." I mumbled, sniffing his familiar scent that never failed to put a smile on my face. 

He quickly pressed a kiss to my lips before he continued stirring the porridge, making sure it didn't burn. He was almost finished, so I just watched him while we waited. "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages." he muttered when we sat at the counter, adding sugar and honey to our bowls of steaming hot porridge. 

"Tell me about it, I don't think we talked properly since we came back Sunday." I sighed, blowing some cooling air over my spoon before putting it into my mouth.

"Sorry Boo, I promise I'll be here more when I finish this, I think I should be able to round it up tonight, or Monday at the latest." he put down his spoon and pouted a bit, causing me to chuckle.

"It's fine, as long as you promise to make it up to me somehow. I'm thinking nice romantic dinner date in a fancy restaurant." I winked.

He shot me a wide smile before he took a look at the clock and urged me to hurry up, or I'd be late for work. I quickly ate the rest of my porridge and took a superfast shower before getting dressed and kissing Liam goodbye. I ran out the door to my bike, but came back for yet another kiss... three times. I can't help it that his kisses are addictive. I could spend all day kissing him if he'd let me. And if Libby'd let me.