Chapter one - saviour issues

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. Well, it was a change from being shoved from someone's doorstep on which I'd fallen asleep the night before. I felt terrible though. I could already feel the beads of sweat on my forehead, my intestines protesting at their emptiness and every fibre in my body yearning for another shot. I wondered where I was, it was highly unusual for me to wake up in a bed, let alone in a bed without someone else in it. What can I say, my pretty face alone wasn't enough to score me the drugs I needed so badly, so I had to use that pretty face in some other fashion I guess.

Just then, I realised there were voices coming from outside of the room, they were pretty faint but I could understand some of it.

“Liam, come on, what were you thinking? You're supposed to be the responsible one, aren't you? And yet you bring some dopehead into our apartment. Is this another one of your saviour fantasies?”

“Niall, I had no choice, okay? What was I supposed to do? Leave him out there in the snow so he could freeze to death?”

“So it is one of your saviour fantasies then.” the Irish voice replied.

I decided this would be a good time for me to get up and get the hell out of here. No need for me to be saved. I snuck out from under the covers, noticing that Liam-dude had obviously taken off my clothes before putting me to bed. Damn it, now I had no choice but to ask them back, since I didn't see them around here.

I opened the door, entering a small hallway and decided to follow their still arguing voices until I found two young boys in the kitchen.

“Fine, but I'm holding you responsible when he steals our stuff and never returns, got it?” the Irish lad, who appeared to be a little smaller than me, retorted before he turned around and noticed me standing in the door frame.

“Eeerrrr thanks for letting me stay but I really think I should go now.” I mumbled, evoking a snigger from the blonde guy before he pushed past me, muttering “Good luck with that.”

“Hey. Sorry about that, Niall's not too happy with having guests, nothing personal though. I'm Liam, by the way. And you're welcome to stay. I suppose you're not feeling so well right now.” he added with a half-hearted smile.

“No I'm not, which is why I should go, really.”

“I don't think you should. It's freezing out there, and when you go back out, you'll only get high and lay in the snow waiting for someone else to save you. Or die.”

“Nobody would care if that happened.” I shrugged.

“I would. So I'm letting you stay here.”

“I don't think you know what you're getting yourself into, dude, just get me my clothes back.”

“Oh I know very well. My sister used to be an addict. Stayed with her when she went cold turkey like three times. So I know what I'm up to.”

I just stood there, watching him, not understanding why a total stranger wanted to do this for me. I was a worthless piece of shit anyway, as I was told plenty of times, by my teachers, my so called friends at school, the only one who didn't tell me that was my mum. But I saw it in her eyes last time I went home. She was scared of me, she even called the cops on me, trying to get me arrested, but I'd heard her and I was able to run off before they got there.

“Why?” I asked, finally.

He shrugged. “Nicola died. She went cold turkey the third time, she got better and we thought it was safe. My mum was out to work, and my b- my friend was asking me to come over. I'd stayed at home with her for almost a week then. So I left. She fled, and overdosed.”

“But why would that make you want to save me?”

“What kind of a person would I be if I left you out in the snow? Knowing for sure you'll die, rather sooner than later. Come on, let's get you a shower and some fresh clothes. I'll show you the bathroom.” he replied, looking me up and down, making me painfully aware of the fact that I was only wearing boxers.

I followed him into another bedroom, his, I supposed and got me a pair of sweats and a simple white T-shirt and showed me the way to the bathroom.

“You can shower if you want to, and I'll cook you breakfast.”

“Thanks.” I replied, still not completely sure what this was about.

“You don't need to tell me anything, don't worry, I'm not a cop or a social worker. I don't want anything from you.” he said, noticing my doubts. “Except maybe for your name. Might be nice to be able to call you by it instead of just boy.” he smiled.

“Louis.”I said, before walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind me.

**********

Hello hello!

So I decided to start a new fanfic, boyxboy this time. It's kinda inspired on basketball diaries, since I just saw the movie again, and it's such a good one. Not completely though, mostly just the start of it. 

And I decided to make Louis the junk (was doubting between him and Harry) just because he reminds me of Leonardo DiCaprio when he was younger. I'm a huge Leo-fan, though not as much anymore compared to when I was like 14 and his face hung over my bed on a giant poster, but still, I feel like he's one of the best actors of his generation. Yay. But that's kinda off topic. 

So a LiLo fanfic where Louis is a heroine junkie. Great thing to start with, don't you think? Vote, comment, fan, anything to let me know if you want me to continue this!