Chapter thirty-eight and a half

First of all, for all of you who expect this to be the smexy hotelroom scene, I'm sorry, it's not. I AM willing to write that if enough people request it, so if you want to read what kind of naughty things LiLo did in there, make sure to leave me a comment and ask for it.

This is on the other hand the rest of chapter thirty eight, because I feel like there's things to be said, and I couldn't write it yesterday cause I ran out of time but I wanted the proposal uploaded for you all to read anyway. So, here's the rest of the chapter for you to enjoy, or so I hope.

Liam's POV

Louis laid next to me, his arms crossed behind his head as he looked up to me with a bright smile on his face. Rose petals were crumpled beneath our bodies and the sheets were pulled down to rest at his hips. I was tired but not ready to go to sleep. I wanted to look at my boyfriend, or well, fiance now, and take in every beautiful feature of his body and face. I never felt happier, more content and more loved than tonight. Him asking me to get married had been a surprise. I'd been contemplating a proposal for about two years now, but it never seemed the right moment. I took another look at the beautiful silver band with the tiny diamond that sparkled right in the middle of it and pressed a kiss on Louis' lips, who turned around so we were both on our sides, propped up on an elbow. His hand reached out for my cheek and he kissed me lovingly and soft while he moved his hand to the back of my neck. I pulled back and brushed a strand of hair away from his face as my eyes locked with his, the blue orbs shining with love and happiness.

"I love you boo." I whispered and he just smiled and turned his head slightly to kiss my hand. 

"And I love you bambi." he replied quietly as he laid back down, his arm stretched under his face.

"I'm glad that you asked me though, I've been wanting to do it forever, but... things kept coming up." I said softly, following his example as my fingers wove around his above our heads. 

"Really? I beat mister organised to the big question?" he asked, a smirk crossing his face as he apparently didn't know I'd really planned to ask him first.

I stuck my tongue out and nodded. "Yeah, I've been wanting to do it for two years, but first you were busy with school and work, then you quit your job but we were a bit short on money and I didn't want you to feel like we needed to watch our expenses when it came to our wedding, then Phoebe got sick and focus needed to be on her. And when she got better, you were so damn tired with your final exams just behind you. Then Zayn and Helen announced they would leave, Harry and Niall got engaged, then the whole shabang with Lily-Anne and them buying a house. It just never seemed the right time."

"Was tonight the right time?" he asked, his eyes dark and loving as his free hand rested on my waist. I smiled at his cuteness and pecked his lips quickly.

"There couldn't have been a better time. It was lovely, and it was so damn romantic of you to come back here. With us having our first date, and our first sex, here." I played with his hair, twirling the brown coloured strands around in my fingers.

"Hey, I do have it in me if I want to." he replied jokingly before he rolled back to his back. "I'm kinda proud I was the one to ask you first though."

"Yeah yeah, I know you're going to rub it in for ages." I sighed.

"Not for ages, just until we get married and I actually want that to be soon." he replied, a smile taking over his features.

"Yeah? You don't want a fancy all planned out wedding with all of our families and friends there? I mean, it's gonna take a while to get your dress made and all." I replied cheekily, earning me a rightfully deserved smack on the back of my head.