Chapter 54: Skar-L R.O.S.E

Vulkan POV

-----Meanwhile, during the squidbeak meeting-----

Its a dark time in cephalopod HQ...Spotlights and lazer sights scouted the perimeters of the base. Skarlet created a pretty big out burst. Seems Vulkan used more security in case anything else happend... Octolings and octarians marched back and forth in the front, sides, and back of the base, talk about full lockdown. However, deep into the base, near the center...Lied the room where agent 9 resides...

Vulkan and his two elite octolings, Arya and Rori were walking down the hallway to Skarlet's prison. His presence was sheer evil and his shadow crawled along the walls. His white trench coat swayed side to side with his stiff and muscular body. Vulkan appeared to be holding something tight in his hands...It was small but glowed many Illumensent colors.

Arya: Hey boss?

He didn't move or shift. His eyes only met with the end of the hallway.

Arya: ...Hello?

Rori: Dude can't speak anym---GAHH

Vulkan: What part of keep quiet do you not understand...

Rori: Ackkk! L-Let...Go...Aaack...

He was choking her with one arm. His grasp like a rock that was dropped on your lungs. Rori struggled and kicked but didn't faze the man. Finally, he let go after about thirty more seconds and she fell with gasps for air.

Rori: *pant* Uhhghh...*pant*

Vulkan: Do not anger me. The last thing I need is having you twins act like children

He cracked his neck and like a robot, he turned back down the hallway and continued to his "subject". Arya quickly ran to her twin and held her.

Arya: What is his problem today!

Rori: What else is *pant* new

Arya: You Ok?

Rori: Iv'e been better...Have you seen Emily?

Arya: No I haven't...Weird. Last time I saw her was during the battle of sector 4

Rori: Vulkan must've put her on dish dutie or some carp like that

Arya helped Rori stand up. They held each others arms with there sleek black gloves.

Arya: Take those shades off...Hows your eye?

Rori slowly took her octo shades off and revealed her face. It seemed she developed a scar across her left eye. What happend?

Arya: Hmph

Rori hated it.

Rori: Another reason I hate this guy... He makes me work on weapons and next thing you know something failed and nipped me right in the eye...

Arya: What happend anyway??

The two began to walk down the hallway a few feet behind Vulkan.

Rori: The recent octoshot model was in production by our scientists. Of course, Vulkan needed me to help them for some reason. The special Ink Callie developed that burns things was also part of the project. An accident happend where I was holding the weapon and tried to test it. I pulled the trigger and the butt of the gun scraped my eye lid and the ink went everywhere!

Arya: You need to handle the weapon better, recoil is everything Rori

Rori: It wasn't my fault! Vulkan wanted more power so we get more weapons with recoil due to how fast they can ink!