Chapter 48: Cheer Up!

(OMG IM SO SORRY! I had birthday stuff happen so this chapter is late! But I hope its worth the wait cuz I really like how this turned out, sweet, fluffy, cute and just a loving time! Enjoy!)

Leon POV

A new day has arisen. Skarlet has been gone for a week now... Our green inkling hero still has thoughts of the red octoling. He was up early again, so was his girl, Marie. She was busy in the kitchen with her musicial partner, Callie. Leon was at the table, playing with a zapfish. He had the tiny fish in his hand and was watching it with low eyes. He seemed sad...

Leon: Hey little buddy...

He petted its whiskers. The zapfish smiled and purred. The fish saw Leon sigh and slowly tap his finger on the table.

Zapfish: ...?

It gave Leon a cute and curious look.

Leon: Is there something you want buddy?

The fish nuzzled into his hand and made a cute noise.

Leon: Aww...

Suddenly, its tiny stomach made a rumble. Leon chuckled.

Leon: You hungry little buddy?

It shook its head yes.

Leon: I'll get some crumbs...

He still had a low look in his face. He sat up and walked into the kitchen.

Marie: Callie, hand me that spoon

Callie: Ooo! Can I mix the batter?!

Marie: Umm...

Flashback

The squid sisters were making cookies. Callie was sturring the cookie dough.

Callie: Look Marie! Like this?

She went faster and faster out of excitement! Marie gasped.

Marie: Slow down! You'll make a huge---

SPLAT!!

Callie got batter all over the walls, floor, and Marie's face.

Marie: ...Mess

Callie: Oops...

End of Flashback

Marie: I think not Callie...

She huffed and gave her the wooden spoon. She began to stir as Callie worked on some frosting. Out of the corner of Marie's eye, she saw a shadow. She turned her head to see a sluggish Leon walk in.

Marie: Morning~

She stopped to peck his lips. He smiled a little and hugged her.

Callie: Hey! Leon!

The bubbly inkling joined the hug. They all broke and Leon grabbed a slice of bread.

Marie: You feeling Ok Leon?

Leon: Yeah...Could be worse...

He began to chop up the sliced bread. The smell of cake batter filled the kitchen.

Leon: What are you girls making?

Callie: A CAKE!!---I mean...Nothing...Marie is teaching me how to cook...

Marie yanked her ear and snarled.

Callie: OW!

Leon giggled a little and finished his cutting. The peice of bread was cut into tiny squares. He put the knife down and grabbed the bread bits. Marie watched him.