Chapter 28: Lost Cousin

(Hey! Sorry this took longer than normal I had some exams this week but here it is! I try to realese a chapter every two to three days. The picture above was just something cute I did with Leon [Agent 4] and Marie with a certain someone watching them...Enjoy!!)

Cap'n Cuttlefish POV

The Cap'n and Skarlet were in the map room sitting down at a big oval shaped table. Skarlet had a bored look on her face while she Semi-listened to the Cap'n ramble about his grandaughters, Callie and Marie. The old inkling was showing her pictures of them as kids.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: This one right here was when Marie lost her first tooth! Ain't she just a pocket of joy?!

Skarlet rolled her eyes.

Skarlet: Wow what a spectacle...  She said sarcastically.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: And this one here was when Marie couldn't stop crying over her spilt Squid-O's! HAHA!

Skarlet: How adorable *sigh*  She was beyond bored.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Oh...This is my favorite...This one was when Callie dropped her ice cream and Marie shared hers. Marie is the sweetest thing ever!

Skarlet: Uh huh...Wait!? Thats Callie??!

Skarlet never knew Callie used to be a normal squid. She knew nothing of her recent "squidnap".

Skarlet: But, Callie was my general! And your telling me that little inkling with tears down her face, is the mighty Callie?!

Cuttlefish scratched his thick beard.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: She may be mighty to you octolings but, she was family and a friend to us. She wasn't always what she is now...

The Cap'n took his glasses off. He stood up and grabbed a photo off the wall and showed Skarlet.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: This was her two years ago, during the final splatfest before her disappearance.

The photo of her showed her jumping for joy and smiling wide. Skarlet could almost feel the bubbly personality of Callie. She looked so happy to be there.

Skarlet: Wow. Look at her. She's a real party person. This whole time I was serving under a famous idol...

The Cap'n sat back down next to her.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: She was my pride and joy, now shes a monster...We have to get her back when it comes our time to strike!

Skarlet nodded and had a confident smirk. She began to get up but immediately sat back down and felt severe pain in her head. She grunted loudly as her head was pounding. The Cap'n turned as he heard wimpers from her.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Agent nine? Is everything alright?

Skarlet: Y-Yeah...Ack! I'll be f-fine

It hurt a lot and it was sudden. The Cap'n walked up to her and watched her face shake a little. Her eyes would open a little, he noticed they were a blood red color. He grew nervous and stepped back. Finally, the pain stopped and her eyes went back to yellow. She put a hand on her forehead and sighed.

Skarlet: Glad thats over...Sorry if I scared ya, Cap'n

He just let out a deep breath.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Whatever just happend was very unusual...Is there something your hiding?

Skarlet: *anime sweat* No! Of course not! Hehe, just a headache is all...

The Cap'n nodded but kept a sharp eye on her. She just had a nervous looking smile and blinked her eyes. He walked over to the table and grabbed his cane that was laying against it.