Chapter 15: Skarlet's Lie

Skarlet POV

----After the fake attempt to kill Leon---

The helicopter ride was long. Skarlet was in the back and the pilot was another female octoling. The pilot set the helicopter to autopilot back to base and got up to check on her commander. Skarlet was biting her nails worried what she was going to tell Callie.

Pilot: Hey surga, whats troubling you?

Skarlet looked back but down again. She forced a evil smirk

Skarlet: Hehe, everythings fine! Boy fried like a roast crab!

The pilot chuckled.

Pilot: Yeah! Good thinking commander Rose, no way he survived that. Our biggest threat is gone!

Skarlet's tone in her laugh was blan. The pilot didn't seem to notice and went back to the front. Skarlet felt relief that she didn't kill Leon. But would the boss say? Maybe she won't notice him for a while? Would Skarlet lose her spot in the army?? Questions fiddled in her head. She popped her head out the side of the heli and felt the breeze roll through her face and tentacles. Her yellow eyes were glowing at the sunset. She leaned back in her seat, hands behind her head enjoying the ride.

Skarlet arrived back at her HQ and walked through the front gate. She gave death stares to slackers and scoffs to smartasses. A elite octoling followed her as she walked inside the main building.

Elite octoling: Awesome job on your mission! Stupid inkling is history!

Skarlet ignored her and continued now upwards to her room. The black octoling tried to follow her in but was slammed out. Skarlet face planted into her bedside and groaned

Skarlet: My mission wasn't a success!...Me and my stupid feelings for that stupid, green, dumb...Hot, sexy, hunk of an inkling.... She rubbed her chest with her finger. Skarlet then realized that since Leon is alive...She would have to give Callie a good explanation why...And it won't be pretty. Suddenly she was radioed down to speak with Callie. What a coincidence...

Down below the base, Skarlet was waiting for the elevator to go down to Callie's room. She heard footsteps and standing next to her was a octotrooper, giving her seductive looks.

Octotrooper: Hey commander, say you and me go on a "Inspection" mission, if you know what I mean? Heh

Skarlet drop kicked the trooper and threw him to a nearby dumpster.

Skarlet: Maggot...

The elevator arrived and Skarlet went down. The ride was silent and dark. Dim lights were flashing through the door holes of the elevator, kind of a creepy vibe but Skarlet was used to it. Soon she made it down and the doors opened. Callie was already at the front and greeted Skarlet.

Octo Callie: Skarlet! Hows my favorite octoling?

Skarlet: Feeling swell...

Octo Callie: Good! Now that the inkling is taken care of, the rest of our troops can move deeper into the valley and breach the surface!!

Skarlet groaned at this. Callie was so happy she was doing a little dance. Skarlet had to say something before she got to into her celebration.

Skarlet: Hey Callie? I--

Octo Callie: Dance with me!!

She pulled in Skarlet and dipped her then threw her in the air

Skarlet: What the f--

Callie then caught her and put her down.

Octo Callie: We really kicked butt! Though, its a shame someone as skilled and cute as him had to perish