30

After lunch everyone split off to explore the river, taking samples. Although Jaemin was supposed to stay with Jeno, his partner, he ended up helping Chenle and Jisung while Jeno was talking to mark and haechan about life.

"Ok, so all we have to do is take the pippet and take about 30mls of the water." Jaemin explained, rummaging in the bag looking for a pippet. Once he'd found one he handed it to Jisung who, despite it being explained, had no idea what to do. He dunked it in the water and squeezed but took it out before any water could get it.
"Jinsungah! No you silly goose!"
Chenle laughed as he took the pippet from the boy taking the right amount of sample water.
Jaemin just laughed at the two bickering, once chenle handed the full pippet to Jisung, jisung squirted it on himself by accident and both Chenle and Jaemin were in fits of laughter.
"I swear to god why do I love you!?!" Chenle laughed, taking in a big sharp breath and laughing in screaming dolphin.
Jaemin held his tummy from the pain of laughing, taking a step back, he slipped on a rock and fell on his bum.
"OUCH! HAHAHAHAHAH!"
The cold water ran over his legs and bum as he just sat there crying with laughter. Chenle was dying now, to anyone else it would sound like someone choking a mutated parrot or something.
Jisung began squeaking with laughter too and those around them rushed to help, though once they saw Jaemin in hysterics, they began laughing too.
"How are you still alive hyung!" Chenle squealed grabbing jaemins arms and lifting him up.
He was dripping wet and freezing cold but could not stop laughing. He was sure this was something for the good memories.
After successfully getting a sample and chenle telling Jisung off for catching a fish with his bare hand and insisting on taking it home, they all headed to the cabin to put the samples to test. Jisung was sad having to leave the cute fish behind.

"Em Mrs, can I please get changed?"
Jaemin asked, holding a tower around himself.
"I'm sorry honey, we are almost finished and you can get changed in the tents ok?"

Jaemin smiled sadly and walked to his little group.
"You found anything?"
He asked the boys examining the water sample.
"So, it's clean? Right?"
Chenle asked showing Jaemin the examination results.
"Yeah, but I wouldn't drink- JISUNG!"

Jaemin grabbed the water sample out of the boys hand that he was about to squirt into his mouth. He squirted some on jisungs face instead and laughed at him. The more he laughed the angrier he got, in the end, he sat pouting while Chenle and Jaemin ran some more tests.

After struggling to cook their own dinner on the fire they finally had all of NCT sat in a circle, sitting next to their partner, in front of the fire in blankets. Some had camping chairs while other on benches made out of logs. The sun was beginning to set and everyone sat in silence. Only now did it settle that only a few hours ago, Jeno was stood up on an alter poring his heart out.
Everyone was silent, staring into the fire, so many questions but no guts to ask them.

"All right guys let's not ignore the elephant in the woods."
Everyone looked up to see taeyong standing up and talking.
"I don't know Jeno very well, but I've been in his position. Too you I might seem really soft and well nice. But I never used to be like that- I was very much like Jeno and trying to change your self and your reputation is one of the hardest things someone can do. But I had the support of my friends and Jaehyun. When I saw Jeno standing and saying all that cheesy shit in front of 100 students I felt proud, like a mom despite never talking to him. So as a group can we please just, forgive and forget? For some it may be easier said than done and Jeno if you hurt any of my babies here I'll personally kill you, but please try guys..." Taeyong smiles and sat back down with a sigh.
Jeno looked up at taeyong his eyes were teary but he insisted on keeping them in. He grabbed his bag, taking out a few bags of marshmallows.
He held them up for everyone to see.
"Please can I start a fresh?"
He asked letting a few tears slip.
No one said anything until Jaemin spoke up.
"I forgave you a long, long time ago." He said resting his head on Jeno shoulder grabbing a bag of mallows. Jeno let another tear slip, kissing the top of Jaemin head.
"I forgave you ages ago!" Chenle squealed running up and hugging him. Jeno hugged him back whispering a thank you in his ear before ruffling his hair.
"I-I forgive you too."
Jisung said with his head down,
Squeezing chenles soft hand.

"Y-yeah, you weren't that bad to me." Renjun said with a smile sat on Lucas's lap.
"Thanks injunnie..." Jeno said quietly.
"Yeah me too!"
Jungwoo said softly, sat on Lucas's other lap. He let out a huge yawn and everyone awwww'd at him.
"I forgive you Jeno."

"I forgive you, but if you hurt my Chittaphon I swear to god man"
Johnny said getting up and bro hugging Jeno.

"I mean, you let me borrow a pencil the other day, I honestly thought you'd gone mad, but now I know why. I think it's very brave and very much inspiring what you've done"
Taeil said grabbing a marshmallow with a bright smile.
Jeno laughed and opened all the bags for everyone to eat.
After talking about this and that and sharing stories, everyone began to warm up to Jeno. Chenle and Jisung found them selves snuggling up to his right shoulder while Jaemin sleeping, dug his head into his left, leaving gentle kisses on his neck. Soon enough all the tired members fell asleep on each other cutely.
Leaving jaehyun, Yuta, Johnny, Jeno and Ten to talk quietly.

"So, you and Jaemin then?" Jaehyun asked wiggling his brown.
Jeno's heart fluttered just hearing his name. It was nice to be able to talk about him, though he still felt awfully nervous.
" yeah, he's been helping me a lot."
Jeno said, a faint blush on his face.

"No, no, no, translation: what's the sex life like?" Ten giggles earning a smack on the arm from Johnny.
Jeno laughed, looking around and then down at a sleeping Jaemin.
"The best."

"Awww"
Jeno kisses jaemins forehead and the boy snuggled closer to him.
"Our first time was very funny actually when I think about it. I mean, I had just been beaten up so, I was already a mess." Jeno laughed at the memories fresh in his mind.

"A-so did you guys you know in the tent last night?"

Yuta asked sheepishly, he sometimes comes off as a little creepy, but really he's the softest boy ever, just whipped for his winwin.
Jeno let out another smile, stroking Jaemins thigh as he thought.
"it was hard to keep him quiet."

"So that's what all the tussling and talking was about."
Ten piped in with a grin, Jeno had almost forgotten their tent was only a few metres away from his and jaemins.

"You should post an Instagram of you two, you gotta go all out gay." Ten said seriously, grabbing another marshmallow while waving his hands dramatically.

"You think?"

"Hell yeah! We will support you!"
Jaehyun said, rubbing taeyongs hair as he softly snored.

"Maybe."