13

It was Monday and The school day was going terribly slow for me, but I looked forward to korean last now that I sat next to Jeno. I walked in early from lunch with ten and Johnny before they split away from me and I was alone again. Jeno's seat was empty as expected. I sat in my seat avoiding any eye contact until I heard the usual crash of the door.

"Ayup shit heads." I winced at the venom laced in Jeno's voice, but I made a promise and I'm not going to break it.
He locked eyes with me his smirk disappearing as he walked up to me, sitting next to me.
"Good afternoon Jeno." I said, starring straight forward.
"You alright?" He asked very quietly, looking around the room as he tucked in his chair.
"Good thank you, you"

"I'm alright." He quickly glanced at me, looking my body up and down before turning forward and biting his lip. I could tell by his face he's finding it hard being so vulnerable. I gently place my hand in his thigh and whisper that everything's going to be fine and he doesn't need to worry. A few people glanced at us to which he kicked his leg away from my touch and glared at me.

"Don't touch me." He said loudly, everyone turned at us and I flushed red, unsure of what to do. Play along.
I rolled my eyes and sat back in my chair with a huff, sticking my tongue out.

"The fuck you looking at?!" He yelled at the few looking at us in wonder. Even I flinched at the act but as soon as the lesson started he quickly grabbed my hand and held it under the table. He was shaking.
Being two people at once isn't easy, never mind if it's polar opposite people and your completely lost your self. I give his hand a tight squeeze. The lesson ended as quickly as it began and he slid a note across the table to me.

Going out with some mates tonight. Won't be too late

I nodded packing away, as soon as I lifted my head he was walking out of the door.
I sighed, looking at my hand, missing his touch.
As I left the class I was met with a very angry looking chenle and a scared Jisung.

"Where were you and Jeno this morning? While I was at practice Chenle said he woke up alone in the dorm.."

"I-oh well, I don't know, I woke up and didn't feel hungry so I came straight to school. I don't know where Jeno went."

"Are you eating enough?"

I laughed and nodded. Chenle is just too cute.
"I'm fine Lele." I smiled at him to which he frowned. We walk home to the flat listening to chenle blabber on about how worried he was about me. At one point he even thought Jeno had kidnapped me all because I didn't go and see them in the morning and we had already left when they came to check mine and his room.

Once we arrived we parted ways for they had another vocal practice. I walked into the dorm my eyes landing on the bed that we slept in, flashes of the kisses he gave me flying before my eyes.
"What are we Jeno?" I asked my self, placing my stuff down and stripping my self of my dirty clothes to shower. I glanced in the mirror naked. The bruises are fading slightly, as are the scratches. I hate the sight of it and it makes me shiver. Finally after a long time of staring I get into the shower letting the warm water comfort me. A twang in my heart made me pout.
I miss him.

Later that evening Jeno came in, his eyes were red and dark.
He came in and didn't even speak a word.
"Jeno? Everything ok?" I asked sweetly walking over to him.
"Fuck off Jaemin I don't want to see you right now.." he mumbled. My stomach sank at his bitter words and venomous voice.
"W-What do you mean I t-thought-"

"Jaemin stop trying to turn me into someone I'm not ok?!" He yelled before grabbing a jacket and storming out.
As quickly as he left, tears started falling onto my cheeks. I couldn't tell whether I was sad or angry but I know I didn't like the feeling. After everything that happened last night, the progress they had made yet now they are back to square one. Jaemin let the tears fall, putting on a fresh pair of boxers and a top before grabbing Jeno's hoodie and crawling into his own bed, hugging it tightly. Once again he went to sleep with out a meal. He sobbed into the hoodie hard out of frustration.
He had so much hope for him yet he threw it away like that, Jaemin was willing to put time into Jeno, to help him be who he wants to be; to help him find himself.
What's gotten into him?
I thought as my sobs died down into faint snores.