Chapter 2

Kate & I have been sitting at a bar ironically named Fifty's, drinking & talking about anything &  everything.
I haven't told her about Christian, I want to be sure of my own certainty before I make it known that I'm actually considering taking him back.
But I dont have to because she brings him up.

"I spoke to Christian last week, at dinner at Grey mansion. He asked about you." She says innocently.
" Oh?" I fain disinterest.
"Ana, he is trying. He really loves you, it's so obvious. He's become a different person over last last couple of months. He even invited me & Elliott to go out on the Grace next weekend. I think you should come with us" she says, wriggling her eyebrows salaciously.

Creepy much!

I groan in response & roll my eyes.
I gasp as my thoughts run directly to  Christian's twitchy palms, oh what he would do if he saw that. I must have a goofy smile on my face as Kate's  eyes light up.
" you're thinking about him aren't you?" She asks candidly.
I blush and compose myself " what? No! Why would you think that Kate? I haven't thought about Christian in a long time" I scoff.

I can tell by her expression that she's  not convinced. "Uh ha, whatever you say Ana, you guys were together for nearly 2 years, that doesn’t go away in a few short months" she says with a wink.

Embarrased, I excuse myself & head to the ladies room to freshen up.

I return & stop dead in my tracks.
Sitting at  the bar beside Kate is Elliot.....& Christian. Shit.
I smooth down my shirt & slowly make my way back to Kate, trying to ignore Christian's presence and the knot in my stomach.
As I sit back in my place Kate smiles widely at me and nods her head in Christian's direction with a smirk.
Instinctively I roll my eyes again, as I again realise my error, I glance at Christian.
His eyes have turned dark & he licks his lips slowly as he glares in my direction. He knows I know what he's thinking as he smirks knowingly.
" Ana, Elliot & I are going to grab a bite, do you mind if I bail?" .
She's playing me, Bitch! I think to myself.
Before i can respond, she stands & pulls me into an embrace. "Hear him out Ana. Please." She whispers in my ear before pulling back, searching my face for a response.
I nod & she smiles before allowing Elliot lead her away, leaving me alone with Christian.

He moves to sit on the stool beside me. His scent invades my senses for the 2nd time today & I suddenly relax, the smell of his cologne mixed with alcohol prohibiting me from forming a coherant thought as I stare in his grey/blue eyes.
He grabs my hand and entwines his fingers with mine, making sure I can't make a run for it. He knows me so well.
We sit staring each other down for what felt like an eternity before he breaks the silence.
"Have you eaten Anastasia?" He asks.
"Oh, I'm Anastasia now am I? Is that because I wont let you just use your sexy charm to get me back in your bed?" I ask boldly. Wow, where did that come from?
"And no, I haven't eaten, Mr control freak. I see some things don't change"
He squints and his lips form a straight line as he tries to control the anger that's rising within him at my defiant attitude.
His expression softens & I see a small grin forming "God I've missed that smart mouth".
I bite my lip unconsciously & he leans forward to release it gently with his thumb.
Heat rises within me as he cups my cheek with his hand & I instinctively lean into it.
I missed his touch so much.
All resolve leaves my mind as I lean up and kiss him softly. He responds hesitantly at first but then he intensifies the kiss as he runs his tongue along my lips, requesting permission to deepen the kiss & I let him.
At this point, I've lost all control over my body as it responds willingly & I wrap my arms around his neck & pull him closer to me.
Eventually we both pull away to catch our breath, he leans his forehead against mine while he stares into my eyes lovingly.

"I've missed that" he says breathlessly.

I smile "me too".

"C'mon, you need to eat baby" he says and he stands and pulls me up with him.
I pay for my drinks & let Christian lead me out of the bar in search of food.

We decided to try a new Italian place just down the street.
We sit & Christian orders for us both as I can't decide what I want, my mind still fuzzy from the drinks with Kate.
We make small talk before our food arrives then we eat in comfortable silence. The food is amazing, I find myself moaning at the flavors bursting in my mouth like fireworks.
I was so lost in my food that I hadn't noticed Christian had stopped eating & was staring at me with lust & need.

He shakes his head as if to rid himself of forbidden thoughts & returns to his meal silently.
We finish eating in a now uncomfortable silence, stealing glances at each other occasionally.

Christian settles the bill & we leave, no words passing between us as he walks beside me back down the street.
As we arrive back out the front of Fifty's again, Christian stops & turns to me, the hungry look has returned but he makes no move to avoid it this time. He moves swiftly towards me, grabbing my hips and pulling me to him. He kisses me with desperation, his tongue fighting mine for dominance. My knees buckle beneath me as I feel the same desire in return.
Maybe it's due to the alcohol still stirring in my bloodstream or my heightened senses that I loose all sense of control & let Christian guide me to his car to drive me home.
Taylor's eyes widen as he see's me pulled tightly to Christian's side. He smiles briefly before opening the door for us to get in and heading up front to lead us to our next destination.
As I sit beside Christian, my eyes become heavy & I relax, leaning against his shoulder & let sleep overtake me.

Thanks for reading.
Please comment, vote & share. 🤙🤙