Chapter 11

I have no idea how long I have been here, wherever here is. Elena has provided me with water and very minimal food, mostly toast or stale noodles in boiled water.
Her plan seemed flawless, for an amateur.  Make Christian think I’ve done a runner, taken his money with me and left a trail of destruction in my wake. One thing Elena didn’t consider, I have no access to Christian’s money or assets anymore. Christian would surely be smart enough to realise this....I hope.
I have never been comfortable with his wealth and he knows this, it’s one thing he loved about me. I wonder if he still does. I have no idea how he really feels about me anymore, I mean, I walked out and didn’t turn back but I never once asked him for money. This just all seemed very sloppy, even for Elena.
The clacking of heels echoed in the corridor outside the room, getting closer. I knew it was Elena, she only ever sent her plaything – Xander when I was given food or water, Elena handled the rest.
The click of the lock sounded and the door creaked as it was shoved open by bony manicured fingers.
Elena store in, full of confidence but lacking grace, true Bitchtroll  form. Her blonde hair primped in place and her face caked in make up, trying to hide the growing lines of age but failing miserably. Her harlot red lips pursed into a bright smirk as she strode towards me. She stood tall in front of me, her eyes gleaming and I knew, I just knew.  I could see she was bursting to gloat as she opened her mouth “ Hook, line and sinker Anastasia! Seems Christian isn’t as smart as I thought he was. He is on his way here now to ask for my help. You, Ana, you will have a front row view of your love in his true form, he will be mine and you.....you will be dead” she snarled before turning away and exiting the door, a slight skip in her step as Xander came in and shut the door behind him.

Xander wasn’t your typical hard arse that Elena usually prayed on, he seemed uncomfortable and awkward as he  gently undid my wrist restraints but kept a firm hold so I couldn’t spring free and probably swing a fist at him. As he pushed me forward, he stopped momentarily as if he wanted to say something by thought better of it and pushed me harder towards the door and unlocked it. The hallway was long and I didn’t see anything familiar but the familiar smell of Bitchtroll perfume lingered strong in the air but then as we got closer to the end, I also smelt another familiar scent....he was here.
Xander gripped me tighter as he pushed me through another door and sat me down on a rickety looking wooden chair in the middle of the room, tying my hands securely behind me again and shifting around to secure a ball gag to stop me from screaming out. He made sure I was secure in place before he stood back, seemingly admiring his work before tapping on the wall and striding out. As the door closed, the wall he tapped came to life and I could see Christian, sitting with his head in his hands, his hair sticking up in several directions, a sign of him rubbing his hands through it trying to control his anger but what got me the most was his slumped shoulders and defeated expression. He looked broken and I just wanted to scream out for him but I knew it would be useless, Elena would let me be here if the room wasn’t at least somewhat soundproof.
It didn’t take long before she entered the room, placing her hands on his shoulders and leaning down to comfort him, but he didn’t even flinch, or lean into her but I noticed he didn’t pull away either.
I watched and listened as Christian poured his heart out to her, spewing hate at me freely. He actually believed it! I couldn’t help the tears that ran down my cheeks as he grew more and more frustrated and lashing out. All too soon, he gave in and allowed Elena to take his shaking hand and drag him out, turning towards me as she said “ let me take care of you. I know exactly what you need, I always have” , a knowing smirk covered her face as she closed the door, leaving me to cry my heart out. I thought he knew me, but I guess I was wrong.
Christian will never change, he will always need that life and I......I just can’t give it to him.
I over estimated his feelings towards me and underestimated Elena.
What awaits me now? I am certain it will be brutal and my demise may just be at my love’s hand.
I knew I should have stayed away, life with Christian was just a fantasy that deep down, I knew would be just that and no more. He told me himself once that he doesn’t do love and I am more certain than ever, he is right.
I will take any love for him to the grave, and Elena will get what she wants.

She always does!