Giving Back

I took his offer. It beats walking all alone at night, besides what's the worst that could happen right?

"So how are you liking Korea? Did you move here for Taecyeon-nim?" He asked.

"Korea is nice. Very beautiful and no. I'm not staying for very long." I said.

I wanted to just keep it short. If I say too much he might suspect something.

"Your Korean is very good. Were you just shy to talk to me at first?" He asked.

"Yes, I was. I am not accustomed to..umm. To speak to others so much yet. That's why I got a job." I said.

He nodded. "That's good. Maybe I'll come by often so we can talk more. Well...if that's okay"

I wanted to say No but I can't...

"That's fine" I said.

It was quiet for a bit.

"So, how did you and Taecyeon meet?"

Damn. What am I gonna say?!

"Well...Taecyeon and I met at a party." I said.

He goes to parties all the time and events so...

"Oh, love at first sight?" He asked with a smile.

"Mm. Hehe."

It was a funny thought really, I imagined the scenario and it all seemed silly, I couldn't help but giggle.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing. It's just, See...Taecyeon and I...well, it's complicated." I said.

"Rough patch?"

"You could say that." I said. "So what about you?"

I looked at him.

He gulped and seemed embarrassed. "M-Me?"

"Yeah. Are you in love with someone or have a crush?" I asked.

After all this time I'm sure he has someone or at least LIKES someone.

He took a deep breath.

"There is a girl...I fell in love with her the moment I laid eyes on her." He began.

She must be really breath taking then. I've never seen him look like this before, he seems hurt but at the same time the thought of this girl soothes him.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She broke my heart and I'll never understand why...all I did was give and I got nothing in return" he said.

"I'm sorry to hear that Kai...But you'll find someone one day" I said.

He shook his head. "No. I love her even til this day. It's a love that won't ever disappear, I could get married and still I'd have those feelings..."

"She really must have been something for you to say such things. But if it's not too bold to ask, what was she like?" I asked. "How did you meet her?"

"I met her at the beach." He smiled at the memory. "She's absolutely gorgeous. She's kind of short but she herself is...wow. Beauty beyond belief. A sexy mind too, she's smart. She's really sweet and kind. Pretty much the ideal girl of any man, she has everything. But...there was someone else. It felt like a love triangle almost but in the end I was willing to let her go, even though I agreed I'd stay friends with her...my feelings for her haven't changed at all." He said.

This sound so familiar...a bit too familiar. Déjà vu almost.

I cleared my throat. "What was her name?"