Chapter 18 - Aelin

Everyone gathered outside of Orynth, in a place that Fenrys and Lorcan scouted out. It was in a secluded area of the forest, by easily accessible from the palace. Good for other world communicates I guess. But far enough to hastily prepare for an attack. Just in case.

Now we waited. I sat with the copy of the spell that Feyre wrote down for me, using her daemita memory. She was waiting in front of the mirror, ready to winnow back the instant they said they were starting the spell. Rowan rubbed my shoulder and pressed a kiss to my cheek. I snuggled into him, grateful for his warm embrace.

"Don't worry Fireheart," she said. "Everything will be back to normal soon."

I snorted. "Well as normal as things can be in my court."

Rowan smirked. "True."

Just then Feyre winnowed. "Now," she said.

I jumped to my feet and thrust the paper at Rowan as I drew my knife. I sliced my finger open and started to draw the Wyrdmarks. In a large circle I drew all kinds of Wyrdmarks into the dirt. It made my finger sting and itch. When I was done I hastily grabbed the paper from Rowan and began to chant. Immediately there was a shift in the air. Power pulsed through the air and a breeze stirred up, circling in the Wyrdmark circle. When I was finished I jumped back in time to see a large beam of power thrust towards the sky, leaving the shimmering black-purple portal in its place.

We stood, dumbfounded, staring at the portal. If you shifted from side to side you could see a reflection of the other world through it. Feyre stepped cautiously towards the portal, and in seconds someone came jumping through, tackling Feyre. I gripped my knife tighter, but Feyre let out a delighted laugh. On top of her was her mate Rhysand, and he wrapped her tightly in his arms.

"Feyre darling," he said, pressing his face in her hair. Feyre sobbed lightly, her happy tears running down her face. She grabbed her mate's face and pulled it to her. They kissed and wrapped their arms around each other.

Then we heard another happy squeal as Evangeline ran through the portal and into Lysandra's arms. Lysandra quickly wrapped her in a tight hug and Aedion joined in too. It was such a sweet reunion. All of them were.

That happiness was slightly interrupted when another fae with dark skin and golden robes came out of the portal. He looked around at everyone, then inspected the glowing Wyrdmarks on the ground the locked the portal in place. He stuck his hand back through the portal before pulling back and crossing his arms.

"Incredibly fascinating," he murmured.

Feyre giggled, but it turned into full-on laughter. Rhysand chuckled as he got to his feet and helped Feyre up.

"This was a nice reunion," Rhysand said before pressing a kiss to Feyre's cheek. "But I believe we have some negotiations and terms to talk about, don't we."

I sighed and looked up at Rowan. "I don't want to do more paperwork, so I'm making you do it, Buzzard."

Rowan smirked. "As per usual."

✧✦✧

Turns out it took us a little over a week to finally get together for a meeting. This portal affected both of our worlds, so it a lot of effort from both of us to set a meeting date. The meeting was being held in Feyre's world, Prythian, in the Dawn Court. Most of the High Lords didn't want to cross into my world, so we were coming to theirs. Fine by me though, I was dying to get a chance to explore more of their world. Rowan, being the buzzard he was, stopped me multiple times from sneaking off at night to visit their world.