Chapter 10 - Tamlin

I let the girl run around the gardens that surround what used to be a beautiful manor. Now it's overrun by wild plants and is home to quite a few birds and other creatures.

I watch the girl from the steps of the manor that I sit upon. I'm trying to write a letter to Helion, trying to explain my situation, but the girl is distracting. Evangeline runs wild through the gardens, her braided hair woven with flowers, and her bare feet getting dirty as she runs. Her once clean dress is covered in grass stains and dirt. She's made herself a flower crown, necklace, and anklets. She tried to give me a flower crown but I shooed her away, only for her to come back the beg me to her let braid my hair. I gave in and let her and the whole time she rambled about the Fae males back in her world and how she would braid their hair.

I look down at the letter addressed to Helion. It doesn't say much, and it just explains how I want information on other worlds. Sighing as I realize writing this letter won't get easier I wave my hand over, sending it to Helion. As I wait for a reply I watch Evangeline again. She's running and shouting and attempting to do cartwheels through the grass that comes up to her knees. As I watch I realize I'm smiling. I shake my head and put my head in my hands. That's when Helion's reply appears in my lap.

"That was fast," I mutter.

I tear open the letter and read what Helion has to say.

Tamlin,

Unfortunately, I have little experience on this topic. And seeing myself has the busy High Lord I am I cannot take time to do my research for you. You are welcome to visit the libraries here in the Day Court, and I give you permission to enter my lands, but note that it can take days, weeks and months even, to find quality information on other worlds.

My only other advice for you is to talk to Amren, Rhysand's second in command. Seeing as she is a she-devil from another world you might have some luck talking to her. The key word in that sentence is might though.

I wish you luck with your research.

Helion, High Lord of the Day Court

I scowl and crumple the letter in my fist. This day couldn't get any better. I have about a one percent chance of even making it into Rhysand and Feyre's land, let alone managing to survive on it for more than a minute.

But as I watch Evangeline run carelessly through the remains of the garden I realize I don't have much of a choice. This girl doesn't deserve to be separated from her family, trapped and alone in someplace that very dangerous. She reminds me of Feyre all those years ago, and I know then I must do this. If not for the girl, but for myself.

"Evangeline!" I call out. Her head perks up from out of the grass and she comes running to me. "Evangeline, we have to take a trip."

"Where?" she asks, excited yet skeptical at the same time.

"The Night Court," I answer before I take her small hand in mine and winnow us away.

✧✦✧

I stand literally two steps away from the border of the Day and Night Courts. Evangeline's hand is still in mine and after she got over the shock of winnowing we made it here in minutes. Evangeline's small scarred faces peers up at mine have I take a deep shuddering breath. Then together we walk across the border. We continue walking and has I expected it takes Rhysand less than five minutes to winnow in front of me, the air crackling and thunderous around him. Evangeline squeaks but Rhysand doesn't notice.

"Get out of the Night Court," Rhysand growls. I look him up and down and am not surprised at why Evangeline is scared of him. Rhysand looks terrible. He has dark circles under his eyes, his hair and clothes are disheveled, and he just looks pissed in general.

"Sorry, Rhysand but I want to speak to Amren," I say calmly.

"Oh, you'll speak to her alright, if you don't leave this instant," Rhysand grounds out.

"I'm sorry but I'm trying to do something for someone. I need to talk to Amren."

"What are you doing? For who?" Rhysand asks.

"I'm trying to get this young lady home," I say indicating to Evangeline. That's when Rhysand finally notices Evangeline. His face goes from mad to shocked to confused.

"Why is there a human in the Fae lands? And please tell me you didn't do that to her face." Rhysand growls.

"He didn't. Lysandra did," Evangeline replies calmly as she readjusts her flower crown. My eyes widen slightly.

"I thought you said that Lysandra is basically your mother," I say.

"She is." Evangeline looks up at me. "She did it because I wanted her to when she suggested it."
"Why?" Rhysand asks. Evangeline looks up and over at Rhysand.

"So I wouldn't have to become a courtesan like she had to. She didn't want me to end up having to live the life she had to."

I'm sure my face reflects Rhysands horror as Evangeline mentions how she was almost a courtesan.

"That's why I'm glad Aunt Aelin help save us. Now Lysandra is married and is a lady and I'm basically a princess now!" Evangeline beams, her face filled with pure joy. I smile down at her and ruffle her hair, breaking the flower crown that's atop her head. She shrieks and laughs, gathering the flowers that fell to the ground.

"Where did you say she was from?" Rhysand asks me.

"Evangeline is from another world," I respond. Rhysand blanches and looks at Evangeline.

"Real- really?" he stutters.

"Yes, why?" I ask, lifting a brow at Rhysand's sudden change in mood.

"Because earlier this week Feyre and Nesta disappeared into another world."

A/N

Please don't hate on me for wanting Tamlin to redeem himself. At this point in the fandom, I think it's a little extreme on how some people hate on him. He should be able to redeem himself and I think this is a good way to make it happen.

Please continue to support my story! I can't believe we are over 200 views and rank number 2 in #sarahjmass!

Consider reading on, sharing, commenting, and voting on my story! It really helps when I see how many reads I get!