Chapter 12 - Nesta

Nesta couldn't understand why she liked Lady Elide. She was a petite young woman, who could be fierce and feisty if need be. Maybe it was the fact that they both had Fae males groveling at their feet for affection, or the fact that Elide seemed to be enjoying the same books as Nesta, but Nesta liked her.

"So there was this time, not even a week ago when I invited Yrene Westfall over to begin the treatment of fixing my ankle," Elide was saying," and we sat in my room. I had a gag in my mouth to control my screams when Yrene rebroke my leg so she could rearrange the bones. Then Lorcan barges in, seconds after Yrene started. Scared me half to death! Nearly ruined the work Yrene was doing and I had to kick Lorcan out of the estate for a couple of weeks to give me some peace of mind!"

Nesta snorted. "My god Cassian just keeps coming back to me every time I reject him saying 'I'm sorry!' 'What did I do wrong?' 'Can't we just talk?' And other shit like that. It's driving me insane! All I want to do it read some books, explore my options, and have a date was a good ol' bottle of alcohol!"

Elide nodded. "Understand. Lorcan tried to teach me how to read as soon as we moved into the estate, and he is just not the greatest teacher. He tried so hard to be patient with me, but in the end, I couldn't stand him. The estate was under major renovations anyways so I moved back to Orynth to have Aelin teach me. Come to think of it Rowan was good help too." Elide but her hand on her chin then shook her head before indicating towards the tea on the coffee table they sat around. "Please help yourself to more tea. I'm glad to have more visitors now that Yrene is delivering some baby a couple of towns away."

Nesta waved her offer away. "No thanks. How's your leg." Nesta looked at Elide's leg, which was elevated by three pillow's as Elide lounged on the couch. Elide looked at her leg too.

"Oh it's fine, and I'm not in any pain. Yrene gave me some medication for that. It's just a matter of waiting for her to come back and complete the final surgery before we begin physical therapy."

"Physical therapy?" Nesta inquired. Elide nodded and smiled.

"It's not a common need after seeing a magical healer, but since I've walked around with a broken ankle for most of my life I'll need to learn how to walk the right way again," Elide explained.

Nesta and Elide both jumped when they heard a thump and the bang of knocking on the foyer door. Elide called a servant over.

"Fallon, can you go see who's at the door please?" Elide asked. The servant nodded and rushed off to obey her mistress. "I wonder who's at the door this late at night. I hope everyone's alright," Elide said, concern lacing her voice.

Minutes later the servant came back, leading Feyre in with her.

"Oh great, here comes the worrywart," Nesta grumbled and Elide looked over her shoulder and the couch to see who it was. Feyre looked confused to see Nesta sitting so calmly with a stranger and more confused to see Elide conversing with her so easily.

"Nesta? Do you know this woman?" Elide asked before looking Feyre up and down. "No wait, excuse me, this Fae?"

"Elide this is my younger sister Feyre, the one I told you about," Nesta said begrudgingly. Elide's mouth formed an 'o' shape and she nodded.

"The overbearing constantly worrying younger sister Feyre. It's a pleasure to meet you," Elide said. Nesta was impressed that she managed to be sarcastic and yet to grateful to meet Feyre at the same time.

"And you are?" Feyre asked.

"Lady Elide Lochan of Perranth," Elide stated.

Feyre crossed her arms and addressed Nesta next. "Nesta, let's go. If we help Aelin's court find a way to bring Evangeline home then we can go home too."

Elide face paled. "Evangeline's missing?"

"She found a way into my world, but she's in good hands. My husband will see to it that she is given proper care, whether she is harmed to not," Feyre reassured Elide as she stepped forward. She sat in a chair across from both Elide and Nesta. "And if you want, I may be able to reach out to Aelin to inform her. It's something I've been practicing lately. Very useful," Feyre said as she crossed her legs.

"Yes please do. They will want to hear from you about Evangeline," Elide insisted.

Feyre nodded and Nesta watched as she closed her eyes to reach out to this 'Aelin' woman that she had mentioned. Elide had mentioned her too, but to Nesta, Aelin sounded annoying if anything. But a brave queen too. After a couple of minutes, Feyre reopened her eyes.

"I laid down the bare message to Aelin. They are on their way here now."

"Thank you, Aelin will appreciate it," Elide said as she clasped her hands. "If you both wish to rest I will have some servants prepare rooms for you. Even at their top Fae speed they still won't be here until late morning, possibly later."

Feyre nodded in gratitude and she left with a servant. Nesta poured herself more tea.

"Do you wish for some rest?" Elide asked. Nesta shook her head and grabbed one of the books lying idly on the coffee table.

"No. I'm still too restless to sleep."

"Same."

And with that both of the women sat silently, basking in the silence that would end all too soon.

A/N

Sorry for the long wait, I really didn't know what to write next. I'm also trying to get out new chapters for The Becoming of Aelin Galathynius my Modern TOG fanfic. (I would greatly appreciate it if any of you fans want to check that one out).

I'm gonna try to be more consistent with getting out chapters, but no promises. Hopefully once a week though.

See ya next time and consider Commenting, Sharing, and Voting.

Chao