Chapter 16 - Aelin

Everyone gathered in the dining room, including Chaol and Yrene who had arrived just an hour prior. The dining room was much larger than the meeting room, and we could still easily fit everyone in. I also liked the decorations in this room less, so if something bad happened I could finally have an excuse to redecorate.

Fenrys stabled the mirror and I went to inspect it, rubbing my dress sleeve on it. Inspecting my reflection I adjusted the crown on my head. I heard Manon snicker behind me and I turned to glare at her. Feyre came closer to the mirror and touched the surface of the glass longingly. Her sister Nesta did not express the same emotions, because she sat in the corner reading a book, Elide at her side.

"Well, let's see what this thing can do," I said and drew out a knife. I handed it to Feyre. She took it sliced open her finger and delicately painted the symbol of her court on its surface.

Drawing out another knife I sliced open my finger and drew Wyrdmarks around the symbol. We then stepped back and watched the mirror glow, the symbols on its surface burning. Then the room flashed white and in the mirror, we could see Feyre's mate. Feyre's eyes widened and reached towards the mirror, her eyes focused on her mate. I watched as he jerked forward before he jumped up, seemingly yelling at someone.

"We can't hear them talking," Fenrys said. "Wasn't that supposed to work?"

"Hold on," I hushed Fenrys. We watched Feyre's mate find a large mirror and prick his finger with a knife. In the meantime some other fae entered the room he was in, excitedly watching him. Feyre's mate perfectly replicated the Wyrdmark on his mirror and with another flash, we were suddenly seeing things from out of his mirror.

Tentatively Feyre's mate stepped closer, his companions behind him watching expectantly.

"Feyre?" he said quietly. Feyre gasped at but a hand over her mouth.

"Oh, Rhys it worked!" she said.

"Perfect," I said stepping forward. "Now, down to business." I watched the other fae from inside the mirror look at me as I stood in front.

"Hello, Rhysand, wasn't it?" Feyre's mate Rhysand nodded and stepped back a few paces.

"I'm Aelin," I said. "I this is my court and friends, minus Nesta." I gestured around the room before looking back. "No need to bother with introductions. Now, how is Evangeline doing?"

"The girl Evangeline is fine," Rhysand replied. "She is currently with Feyre's sister Elain and Tamlin, the male who brought her to us."

"Thank the gods," Lysandra said. "She really is safe?"

Rhysand nodded. "No harm will come to her, I promise. But I have a question for you Aelin." I stared back at Rhysand and adjusted my stance. "How can we get Feyre and Nesta home?"

"We are trying to come up with a plan to concentrate all the portals opening between our worlds to open in one spot, creating a large portal you can walk through," I said. "But it will take work on both of our parts. Is there somewhere in your world where you can have a portal stay open, possibly forever, because that might be the case?"

Rhysand looked back at a male behind him who nodded and teleported away. "I'll have my spymaster find somewhere safe," he said.

Behind Rhysand a door opened and a short black-haired and silver-eyed female walked up to the mirror. She held a book in her hands, a page in it bookmarked.

"Hello queenie," she smirked. "I have the spell Nesta used to get to your world. I heard the last part of your conversation with Rhysand and have an idea." She flipped open the book to the bookmarked page and showed us it. "Take a good long look," the female said. "If we can both work at the same time we may be able to do what you suggested, and lock the portal in place, creating a gate."

I nodded, staring at the page in the book.

"I know some Wyrdmarks that can lock the gate," I said. "This portal will probably be permanent then."

"Maybe that's a good thing," Rowan said. "We could use some allies from other worlds in another Valg massacre ever happens."

"We don't ever want that again," Aedion said and Lysandra shivered at his side.

"And if we get more experience then we will know how to shut creatures from unfriendly worlds out forever, like the Valg," I said.

"And we can stay in touch," Nesta said. "Because your books are better than mine."

"Then it's a plan," Rhysand said. "In three days we can initiate it if that works. Can this mirror communicator stay open?"

"It hasn't closed by now, so I assume it will stay open until you close it," Manon said as she picked at her nails.

"Then keep in touch, and update us on the plan," the silver-eyed female said. "And in three days' time you will have Evangeline back, and we will have Feyre and Nesta."

✧✦✧

I walked down the hallway towards Feyre's room. I knock on the door and after a moment let myself in. Feyre sits on the bed looking out the window at the stars. She turns to look at me when I come closer. I sit on the edge of the bed before ending up sitting with my legs crossed across from her.

"Happy you're going home soon?" I asked. Feyre nodded and turned back to the window.

"I haven't been away from my mate this long for years," she said putting a hand over her heart. "It feels weird, knowing our bond is there, but it's hollow and silent."

I nodded. "I get it," I said. "And it definitely sucks." I shifted on the bed and sat closer to Feyre. She looked at me and down at my hands, the finger I pricked earlier bandaged up and stick out awkwardly.

"Are you going to get that healed?" she asked. "I heard Elide say that your friend Yrene is a healer."

I shook my head. "Yrene is busy with Elide," I said. "My fae healing will fix it up anyway."

"Here," Feyre said as she picked up my hand. She unwrapped my finger and placed her palm on mine. "This works faster with my blood," she said clasping my hand. "But I already fixed my finger."

I felt my skin tingle as Feyre's hands grew warmer. Then after a few moments, she let my hand go and I inspected my finger. Healed. All healed.

"How many powers do you have?" I asked. "I noticed the wings, winnowing you call it, and now healing."

"I have power from all the seven courts back in Prythian," Feyre explained. "That includes elemental, daemati, shapeshifting, and curse-breaking powers."

I whistled low and thought on that for a moment. This small, shy, yet fierce female was one of the most powerful fae I had ever met. It concerned me too. If she was this powerful, along with her mate, what if they turned on us?

"I can trust you, right?" I asked. Feyre meet my gaze.

"Of course," she said. "I don't want to get wrapped up in another war."

I nodded. "Neither do I," I said softly. "Neither do I."

A/N

THANK YOU! Nearly 1000 reads and 50 votes! I'm so glad you all are enjoying my story!

This story is wrapping up, but it will have a sequel, maybe two. It depends on how long I stay motivated. But be prepared for more TOG and ACOTAR books from me. :)

PS. This is dedicated to the wonderful @mundomixer who stuck with my story and left behind votes and comments! Thank you :P