Chapter 9 - Rhysand

I'm so tired. It's been almost two days since Feyre originally went missing. Mor is on her way still, Amren is back, and Azriel and Cassian are being their normal selves. Elain has been babysitting Kai for most of the time which I am eternally grateful for. The little guy must have seasonal allergies because every time he sneezes he shot ice out. He managed to hit Cass once and I wouldn't be surprised if Cass had a concussion and was trying to hide it.

Now I'm just trying to keep myself busy and not think about all the things that could have happened to Feyre. With Az and Cass dealing with the Court of Nightmares I decided to pay Amren a visit to see if she has any new information to gather on the book Nesta was using.

I knock on Amren's apartment door and let myself in, only to find Amren curled up with Kai and Nesta's book on her couch. She looks lazily at me as I stand there in the doorway surprised.

"I... I thought Elain was watching Kai," I stutter out. Amren shakes her head and looks at Kai.

"She dropped him off about an hour ago so she could take a break and garden," Amren starts. "She threatened, actually threatened me, that if she didn't get at least a two hour break to garden she would poison my food or Varian's the next time he visited."

I blink in surprise. I never saw Elain as the one to make a threat, but when you imagine it, it does sound quite terrifying.

"So that's why Kai is here," I say, stating the obvious.

"Yup. Good thing to because he doesn't sneeze as much in here. I don't like my windows open," Amren says then looks pointedly at the still open door behind me. I close it quickly.

"Did you find anything of interest in that book?" I ask, trying not to get my hopes up. And just as I suspected Amren shook her head.

"No, not unless you want to travel to another world just to get stuck there. I don't know what that girl was thinking when she opened the portal," Amren says, rolling her eyes when she mentions Nesta.

"She probably wasn't thinking."

Amren snaps her fingers. "Exactly."

Kai shifts in her lap, walking up from the nap he was taking. To my utter surprise, Amren smiles and strokes his head. She looks at my shocked face and snorts.

"Don't you have something else you need to do?" she asks snarkily. I sigh, my shoulders dropping.

"Yeah. Do me a favor and watch Kai until dinner?"

Amren turns back to the book, nodding before pointing to the door. "Out. I'll handle Kai and try to find more information. You go and a least pretend to not be acting like an insufferable Illyrian baby."

I roll my eyes leave.

A/N

This is my third update today. I feel so proud. The last two chapters I kinda just wanted to get out of the way before I write the next. Be prepared for more of Tamlint.

Please don't be a silent reader so comment, share, and maybe even vote?