Chapter 11 - Feyre

Taking matters into my own hands was much easier than expected. I flew through the night, underneath stars I did not recognize. Treetops passed underneath me, and clouds started to gather in the sky. Maybe that's why I didn't realize the portal until I flew into it.

It was small, with an opening no bigger than my head. I hovered in the sky the best I could and gazed into the portal. I couldn't see much, but I could see stars, and when I got closer I could hear crashing waves in the distance and smelt salt.

Summer. Please be Summer, I pleaded inside my head as I stuck my hand through the portal. It tingled at first, but then my hand felt fresh chilled air as a breeze swept through.

Rhys? I sent down the bond, and for the first time in a couple of days the bond wasn't blocked.

FEYRE! Darling are you back? Rhys sent back, along with a wave of concern and happiness.

No. I'm currently still in another world, one called Erilea. I was on my way to find Nesta when I came across another portal.

Well, what are you waiting for? Can't you come home?

The portal is too small.

I could feel Rhys' disappointment through the bond.

And as much as you distaste Nesta right now I can't abandon her.

Distaste is not the word I would have used.

I sent Rhys an image of me rolling my eyes. He sent one back of him smirking. I laughed before replying.

I will find a way home. A queen names Aelin and her court have offered assistance, even if it has been put on hold while they search for a little girl, Evangeline.

Evangeline? You're sure? Rhys asked.

Yes, why?

Today, Tamlin came to the Night Court-

I couldn't stop myself from growling when I heard that name. Although Tamlin might have let me escape during the war that doesn't make up for everything he has put me through. Rhys's sympathy came down the bond and I smiled.

As I was saying, Rhys continued, Tamlin brought a little girl named Evangeline with him. She claims to be from another world, where her adopted parents, Lysandra and Aedion, and her favorite aunt Aelin lives.

Sounds like the girl Aelin's court is looking for. I'll inform them when I manage to find them again. But if I'm being honest I think I'm a little lost.

Stay safe Feyre darling. I want you back home in one piece.

I will. Tell Kai that his mommy loves and misses him.

I will. I love you Feyre.

Love you too Rhys.

I cut off our connection then retracted my hand from the portal. I watched as it shrank in on itself before disappearing.

"I swear I'll come home, Rhys. I promise," I whispered, before continuing my search for Nesta.

I swooped over trees and underneath stars. Air kissed my face I could faintly smell Nesta. That was when in the distance I could see faint lights. I slowly could make out little features of the lights, and then an estate came into view, and Nesta's scent grew stronger.

"So this is where you have been," I murmured as I landed on the estate's grounds, taking in the grandness of the place. "Time to see what you've been up too."

A/N

Sorry for the long wait! I know I haven't been updating this story recently... I'm sorry but I got I little stuck on what to write next, plus in my last two months of school stuffs been a little crae crae.

But school got out today! Finally done! This means I can give my stories more attention over the summer. I mean I still got math to do and I'm starting Drivers Ed but whatevs.

Thanks for sticking with my story and if you're more interested in my other Sarah J. Maas fanfics check out my profile for more. I'm also starting a werewolf story with my own characters to get into the hang of dealing with bigger plots and making characters. That's also available on my profile.

Thanks so much and keep on reading, commenting, sharing, and voting this story for me. It means a lot to have great fans like you guys!