Chapter 14 - Feyre

It had been days since Aelin had given all of us our original orders on finding as much information as we could. Now we were back in Orynth, sitting in a meeting room. The large table in the center was filled with books, papers with notes written on them, and empty platters that used to have chocolate hazelnut cookies on them. Aelin, Rowan, and Dorian all had their heads in books, occasionally placing information to one another writing down notes. Fenrys had fallen asleep while reading a book, and Elide was asleep on Lorcan's shoulder, taking a nap on one of the couches. Nesta was reading, but not anything useful, just some romance novel. I sat idly, nervously thinking about my situation while looking out the window.

I missed Rhys dearly. I wanted nothing more than to be in the arms of my mate, knowing my son was fine. I wanted to see my Inner Court, have a cup of coffee with Mor, spar with Cassian and Azriel, and play chess with Amren. But we were worlds away, literally. I sighed and looked out the window, only for my eyes to grow wide and my mouth drop open.

"Is, is that a dragon?" I asked, jumping to my feet and rushing to the window.

Dorian piped up and smiled. "Wyvern actually," he said getting to his feet. "I guess we should greet her."

"And her friends," I said watching as another wyvern came closer, it's blond rider trying to keep his balance.

That got everyone's attention and with puzzled looks, all of us that were awake and able went down to the front lawn of the Orynth palace. Coming through the doors we watched the second wyvern landed and the silver-haired woman named Manon got off her wyvern. She smiled at Dorian, her eyes immediately skipping over everyone else. The blond man nearly fell off his wyvern, who in seconds had turned into a woman and the blond gave her a shirt and cloak that she pulled on. She glared at Aelin and Aelin meet her stormy gaze.

"I didn't know you were on the mainland yet," Aelin said.

"And you didn't think to send a message? We found Manon and she told us the news as she picked up that witch mirror you wanted," the woman growled. The blond put a hand on her shoulder.

"Lysandra, we'll work things out," he said. She sighed and wrapped her arms around herself.

"I'm going to get more clothes on," she said as she walked passed us up the stairs into the palace. She turned back though and smiled at the male. "Make sure that our stuff gets inside Aedion."

The blond sighed and took a look at the other wyvern who had multiple packs strapped to his back. Manon was unstrapping a large oval-shaped object and Dorain stepped in to help. She snarled at him but he just smiled back and helped her bring the object to the stairs.

"Here's the largest witch mirror I could find," she said, putting her hand on her hips at Dorian stabled the mirror. "And the owner wants it back, so please try not to break it."

"No promises," Aelin smirked. "My beauty might shatter the mirror."

Manon rolled her eyes and Rowan let out a soft chuckle.

"Let's get it inside," he said.

"I'll wait outside with Manon," Dorian said. "Chaol said he and Yrene might be here tonight."

Aelin eyed him suspiciously but said nothing. With that her court went inside, me following slowly behind, trying to take everything in. I stepped up to walk by Aelin passing past Rowan who was carrying the mirror, and the blond, Aedion.

"So with the right combinations of Wyrdmarks, we will be able to communicate with people from other worlds right?" I asked.

"That's what I assume," Aelin said.

"When do you think we can try the mirror?" I asked.

"If all goes well then tonight," Aelin said. "It would be helpful if we could get in contact with the people from your court and see what they can do to help."

Hope blossomed in my chest and I couldn't help but smile. I was dying to get in contact with Rhys, and I wanted to see my court.

If all went well, I could see them tonight.

A/N

Sorry it's been so long. I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to do with this story. I've got more updates on the way, so I don't plan on abandoning it anytime soon.

Please continue reading, and enjoy!

PS. Thank you to @Rocket320 for the wonderful comments you left for my story, along with being a reader that enjoyed my story. Enjoy the update :)