Chapter 32

Hey, I'm back after a long break from writing. I've been going through some rough writer's block and I haven't found a way out of it. So I've been working on this chapter periodically since November. Also, thank you so much for 66k reads. I'm truly blessed to have readers like you.

Also, I want to say happy holidays to all my readers out there! I hope the holiday spirit has visited.

Thank you guys so much for sticking with me throughout this more-than-a-year-process. This has been a journey. This book is the first I have published that got more than eight hundred reads (well I've only published three so far). But the point is, I am so thankful to have wonderful readers like you guys in my life. Thank you.

Jason's POV

Ash moved away two months ago. Piper has become herself again, much to my relief.

I was the first one she came to after he left, and I was the one who spent nights upon nights talking to her, trying the best I could to help her feel better. I felt like it was sorta my fault she was in the whole situation. I had been wishing and wishing for Ash to just disappear, and now that he's gone, I have to say, I wish he stayed.

Sure, I'm glad they aren't soulmates, but Piper is wrecked.

Any normal person would never wish for someone to feel this way, but in a way, I did. I didn't think about how this would hurt either of them, I just wanted him gone.

Piper would never be like this if he had just stayed. If I had just not wished for him to go away. If they had never met.

"...ason? Jason, are you listening?" Piper sends me a confused look.

"What? Oh, I'm sorry Piper. I must have zoned out." I say sheepishly, she smiles and nods.

"You seem to do that a lot these days," she comments. "Are you feeling well?"

"Yeah, I just haven't been getting a lot of sleep," I say.

Piper and I have been having quite a few sleepovers for the past couple of weeks. This just so happens to be one of those.

"It's not because of me, is it?" she asks.

My eyes widen in surprise. "Gods, no! I've just been staying up late studying for finals," I say. This was only half true, though. It was studying and the guilt of knowing that I wanted Ash gone.

"Yeah, I'm nervous about them, too," she adds.

She looks around her room and smiles when she looks at a picture we took on her first date with Ash. Were we outside the building with Annabeth on Percy's shoulders and Piper on Ash's on both sides with Frank, Hazel, Nico, Will, and me in the middle. Leo and Calypso couldn't make it, but it was fun nonetheless. It was a good picture, we were all smiling and just having a good time.

Then she looked around her room again, finally landing on me.

We never have our sleepovers at just one of our houses. It just depends on who has the house to themselves. It's not like we do anything other than watch movies, eat snacks, and sleep, but our parents would think we were doing other things.

This being said, we usually have them at her house due to her father always having to travel.

"Grease or The Kingsman?" Piper asks, now looking at the tv.

"The Kingsman, obviously," I say and she laughs.

••••••••••

"Still my favorite movie. I don't care how many times I watch it," I say. Piper just laughs and scrolls through more movies, looking for another one to watch.