Chapter 18

Ok guys, I know this has taken a bit longer to get out than I thought but I've been busy with school and volleyball. Btw I made the travel team!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason's POV

It is a week and a half until the Christmas dance. Well by dance I mean Drew holds a party at her house and if you aren't there, then you are not popular at all. So I intend on being there.

It's been a while since the whole Percy and Annabeth thing. Almost two months since we saw what had happened to Percy. And for two months they have been hiding what actually happened.

But that's in the past now, right? He keeps showing up to school with black eyes and bruises but he doesn't do much to cover them anymore. Maybe he's a boxer, and has just lost the last couple matches. Yeah, that's possible.

Well back to the dance. I am headed to Piper's locker to ask her to go with me.

"Hey, Piper!" I say as I walk up to her locker.

"Hey, Jason! What are you doing so far from your next class?" Piper asks.

"Oh, uh, I just wanted to ask you something. It's kind of important," I take a breath and work up the nerve to ask her.

"Ok then, ask away!" She smiles and I feel the butterflies in my stomach flap their wings, dying to get loose.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me?" I stated it more as a question, but at least I said it.

"Oh, Jason, I'm super sorry. I already told Ash I would go with him. I'm so, so sorry!" My face fell and I looked down at my shoes.

I forced a smile on to my face and lifted my head. "You're totally fine, Piper! Someone as beautiful as you must have loads of guys asking her. Have fun with Ash!" I turn around and let the smile fall. Of course she already has a date! Why wouldn't she?! She's gorgeous, talented, smart, super nice, she's everything you could want in a girl!

I look out the front doors of the school. It's raining. Of course it raining.

I start walking to my next class knowing that I have a free period after.

I sit down next to Percy and give him a look. "Bro, what's up with you? You look worse than the pollution rate in the oceans," he says.

"I asked Piper to go to the dance with me and she said she was already going with Ash. What is she doing to me?" I lay my head down on my arms and close my eyes.

"She's always on my mind, whenever I see her, I get butterflies, she makes my heart race, what does it all mean? I already know I like her. But this is just..... more," I open my eyes to see Percy smiling at me.

"Dude, is I didn't know any better, I would think that you love her. And you guys aren't even dating! This is hilarious! Uh, well, not for you I guess, but for me it is," he started laughing and I groan. Why does he have to be so annoying. I mean don't get me wrong, he's my cousin so deep down I love him, but when he's like this, I want to punch him.

"Thank you so much, Percy, for being so kind, considerate, and caring. It means a lot, bro," I smile and close my eye again.

Soon class starts and I am learning thing I most likely will never use in my life.

  After a 45 minute class of boring stuff later, I'm sitting on the roof. Yes it is still raining.

  I am sitting under an overhang staring at the football field and the garden no one ever sees unless you really look.

  The door opens and out comes Annabeth. "Hey, Jase, what are you doing out here?" She sits next to me and smiles.

  "I could ask you the same question. Tell me, Annabeth, why are you on the roof when you could be inside, where it's not raining?"

  "I wanted to escape all the noise, and just, I don't know. It's stupid really," she purses her lips and looks up at the sky.

  "Trust me, I won't judge. Let the stupidness flow," I laugh and Annabeth cracks a smile.

  "Well, I come up her a couple times a week during my free period and just think. I have made some amazing lists up here. I made a list of people that could be my soulmate, reasons why I hate Drew, and many others! I just, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I've had three guys ask me to the dance and I said yes to one of them but, I don't think he was the right choice," Annabeth puts her head in her hands and sighs.

  "Who asked you to the dance?" I asked that question out of curiosity and the fact that I wanted to know if Percy got rejected too.

  "Kayden, Luke, and Maxton. I said yes to Luke," I took a deep breath. Percy was too late. Just like me.

  "Well going with Luke is better than going alone. Piper already had a date," I explain.

  "Hey I'm sure Percy will go with you. I don't think he had a date yet," she starts to get up and I do as well.

  "Yeah, I suppose so."

  "We better get back. Thank you, Jason. It was nice talking to you," she gave me a hug and kissed my cheek. But in a sisterly kind of way. Then she walked through the door and down the stairs. I followed soon after and went to my locker.

  I got my stuff and went to my next class.

  I walked in a sat in my seat. Only Percy and I had this class together. So I could talk to him and tell him if he was going to ask Annabeth out, it was too late. Then he wouldn't embarrass himself.

  After a minute, Percy came walking into the class with a disappointed face.

  "Jason, you bad love life has passed on to me," I have him a questioning look and he sighed.

  "So I was just about to ask Annabeth if she wanted to go to the dance with me, and I got out the words 'hey, Annabeth, would you' and then Luke calls Annabeth's name and she turns around, completely cutting me off. So then Luke is like, 'would you want to go to the dance with me?' And I'm about to say, 'that's what I was asking her' but she said 'sure, Luke! You're the best guy who has asked me out yet!' And that crushed my soul!" I started pounding his head on the desk repeatedly until I stop him.

  "Well I was talking to her on the roof during our free periods and she was like, 'I don't think I chose the right guy.' So maybe if you show her you're the right guy, then she'll dump Luke and go with you," I explain.

"Annabeth would never do that. She stays true to these kind of things," a tear slips down his cheek and I start to see just how much he likes her.

"I just feel like I'm not good enough for her. She deserves someone with good grades and great looks and an amazing personality. Not someone like me. Plus, her soulmate is probably some future billionaire with the best personality," he gets his stuff lined up on his desk and looks over at me.

"Well, you never know if you don't ask," I smile.

"No, Jason, it's too late. I was too late."

Well that's the end of this chapter! How did ya like it? So I am currently going to bed but I wanted to get a chapter out, so you're welcome.

Word count is 1334 words.