Chapter 9

Ok, ok, I know it took like 2 months to get a chapter out and I'm sorry! I just have a lot on my hands! But I'm going to try and get out at least 2 chapters today and a few more this week. Yay!

Annabeth's POV

After my mythology class, I head to my locker. When I opened it, a note fell out and I picked it up.

The note read:

You're lucky to have Percy. In gym today he was trying to hit Luke and the jerk pulled me in front of him. I don't blame Percy, but I can't say the same for Luke. Percy immediately ran over to me and helped me to the nurses office. While Luke laughed. He cares about you. Trust me. And I can tell you care about him.

So my nose is broken, but I got to know my crush since 5th grade. And seeing that look in his eyes when he looks at you, I here by resign my crush. He's all yours girl! Don't mess this up!

With all the love I can give,
Clara

Wow. She has a broken nose?! First I'm going to slap Luke. Second I'm going to thank Percy. Knowing how short Clara is, if she got hit in the face, that means that Luke would have been hit in the chest. And by all means, I wish he had aimed lower.

Ok I'm going to let you in on a secret that no one else knows. Can you keep it? Good. I used to like Luke. I know, scary right. The only thing I can say is that I wish I hadn't. He's a complete jerk.

Anyway I'm heading to math with Percy, Hazel, Piper, and a new guy that Piper told me was Jason. He must be the blonde she was talking to in the hall.

I walked into the classroom and sat down in the front row. A few minutes later Percy walked in and sat next to me.

"I really wish you didn't sit in the front row. The teacher always calls on the people she sees first," he whispered.

"Do you not understand what she's teaching? I can tutor you if you want," I reply.

"No I understand what she's saying it's just I have dyslexia so it's kinda hard to read the question," he looked down like he was ashamed of himself.

"Hey, I have dyslexia too, but it's not too bad. If it helps I know how to make it easier. I went through the same thing," just as I said that the Mrs. Collins walked in and started teaching.

I looked over at Percy and saw he had a confused look. I knew how to help. I just didn't know if he would let me. That is what makes me mad. When I know I can help a lot and people won't let me. Ugh it makes me so mad!

Then Mrs. Collins wrote an equation on the board. She looked around the room and her eyes landed on Percy. Uh oh.

"Mr. Jackson, what is the answer?" She asked.

Percy had a look of panic and looked at the board. I saw he didn't know what the answer was and scribbled it down onto my hand. I hold my hand to my side and looks over at me. I glance down at my hand subtly hinting him to where the answer was. I had to admit his acting was on point.

"Uh," he moved his head down so it looked like he was looking down but I saw his eyes go to my hand. "1,332," he answered.

"Correct," Mrs. Collins replied. He smiled and glanced over at me.

Time skip

"Thanks, you saved my butt," Percy patted me on my shoulder and I looked up at him. Yes he's that tall. I'm like 5' 6'' And he's 6' 1'' at least! Not that he's huge but he's over average. And I guess I'm average. But still!