Chapter 10

So I told you after chapter would be out shortly.

Piper's POV

  After school I was driving back home when I got a text. And seeing as it was now almost 5:00pm all of my friends were already home. I was at a club meeting. We're petitioning for a veggie only day in the cafeteria. Seeing as I'm a vegetarian this is good for me.

  I used the Siri voice command because I'm not texting and driving. Annabeth had texted me wanting to know if I could pick her up. I told Siri to text back a 'sure' and headed to the place she said she would meet me.

  By the time I got there it had started raining a bit. Annabeth got in the car and wiped some of the water off her face.

  "Thanks, Pipes," she looked over at me looked back to the window.

  "Why were you over here? Your house is all the way across town," I questioned.

  "I was tutoring Percy and uh, had to leave unexpectedly," she explained. My mind wondered trying to find an explanation for why she had to leave. I came up dry.

  "I glad you two are friends again. You hated each other for so long. What did I he say to make you not hate him anymore?" I stopped at a red light and looked over at her.

  Annabeth shrugged, "He just apologized."

  "Wow must have been some big apology," I whistled as the light turned green.

  Annabeth blushed a faint shade of pink and looked away.

  "Did he confess his obvious feeling for you and then twirl you into the sunset and then kiss you?" I laughed as I saw her blush darken.

  "He does not have feelings for me! But I can tell you who has feelings for you. Jason," now it was my turn to blush.

  "I just met him! How could he have feelings for me?  That's crazy!" I could feel my cheeks and ears getting warm.

  "Oh come on, Piper! It's so obvious!" She laughs and looks at me. She laughs even harder and I can't help but laugh too.

  "Hey, Piper? You've been friends with Percy for a while now right?" I nod and she continues, "Could you possibly give me his number? I need to make sure that he is getting his homework done."

  "Riiiiight. That's the reason. Sure, just go into my phone and send the contact to you," I say.

  She takes my phone and starts to send it to herself.

  "Piper? I tried to search for a contact under the name Annabeth and there isn't one. What did you put my contact as?" She asks.

  "Oh, uh just wait till I get to your house and I'll do it," I explain. She sets my phone down and glares at me. If she thinks that I'll crack under her stare she is wrong!

  We pull up to her house and I take my phone and send it to her. She looks on her phone and I see the text. Annabeth gets out of the car and thanks me again and waves as I pull out of the driveway.

Once I get to my house I decide to take a shower after a long day. I get the water to the right temperature and get in.

  After I'm done I decide to catch up on some homework. But thankfully it's not math. Just a small essay on the American revolution and how it came to be. But I got most of it done in class. So only about 1/4 of it are not done.

  Once that was done I decide that I'm going to go downstairs and get an apple.  Just as I was about to head back up to my bedroom, my dad walks through the door. This week he is filming a movie set in New York. So why not do it in Net York. So he comes home at around 7:00pm every night. So I get to see my dad more that I normally do.

  "Hey, sweetheart! How was your day?" He gave me a hug and smiled at me.

  "Great! How about you?" I ask.

  "Tiring, like most. But the movie is getting along very well! It should be out first thing next year! Anything new going on?" We both sat down on the couch.

  "Well Annabeth and Percy are finally friends again. They're soulmates and I know it! Leo got his tattoo super late. Like the day he met Calypso he got his. Oh! We got two new students! Jason and Leo! Just pretend I put that before the whole tattoo thing. And Hazel and frank are still clueless! Ugh they are so cute!" I say.

"You are just like you mom. Always playing matchmaker. She actually matched me up with Calypso's Mom before she decided that it didn't work. I didn't think it was working either so I took a shot and asked her out. I miss her so much. You look so much like her, you know. Your hair, your eyes, your smile! I hardly think anything about you looks like me," he gave me a sad smile.

  "I miss her too dad. But she wouldn't want us crying over it. She would want us to be happy!" I hugged him.

  Just in case you were wondering, my mom died of a cancer that had been undetected for years. When the doctors finally found it, it was too late. We all just though that she has a small virus. She died after 3 days in the hospital. That was when I was 10. So 7 years ago.

  Of course I miss her. I miss her a lot but she would never want us to be unhappy. She would want us to live our lives.

So that's what I did.

I lived my life. Heck! I'm still living it. And I try not to forget what she said to me before she died. 'Everything in this world was made for a reason. What is your reason?' What is my reason?

I say goodnight to my dad and head upstairs. I climb in bed and look at my phone. I go into my texts and look at the contact at the top of the list.

Percy's Girlfriend.

Hey! I hope you liked this chapter and what do you guys think about Piper's contact for Annabeth? Eh eh? Ok I'll stop. Anywho I just wanted to say that I'm going to try and get maybe another chapter don't tonight and maybe one tomorrow. I going to try and update as soon as possible now that my schedule has cleared up a bit.

Btw the word count is 1128 words.