Chapter 20 - Family

Christmas Eve dinner came to the Huntzberger's home as it usually did every year.  Not much affection between the older generation and the younger.  Logan and Honor had always been close because they found the love and trust of a brother and sister that they had not received from their parents.  Honor had a beautiful four-year-old son named Kent.  He loved his Uncle Logan.

Before dinner began Honor came up to Logan saying, "so, I heard through the grapevine that you've connected with Rory Gilmore again."

"Yes, Honor.  It was really by accident at The Plaza when I met up with Finn, Colin and Robert."

"So, how is she?"

"She's great, beautiful as ever and we've spent some wonderful time together the last few days."

"Logan, you are being careful, aren't you?"

"Honor, I have to tell you that I'm working like hell to get her back in my life permanently.  She's all I want and need.  We've both realized the mistakes we made all those years ago."

"Well, little brother, you've always lived dangerously.  Just be sure she wants to be by your side always.  Okay?  Tell her I said hello."

"Yeah, Honor, I will."

Dinner was served and they all went in to the formal dining room.

After dinner Logan escaped outside to call Rory.

Watching the usual Christmas movies with Luke and Lorelai, Rory grabbed her phone when it rang and went outside on the porch.

"Hi, Ace."

"Hi.  Did you have a nice dinner?"

"Yeah, the usual boring Huntzberger thing with mostly silence.  Honor said to say hi to you."

"Oh, how is Honor?  I'd love to see her."

"She's great.  My nephew, Kent, loves his Uncle Logan."

"Wow, Honor and Josh with a son.  I bet she's a good mom."

"She is.  So not like our parents.  We made a pack that there would be no nannies for our kids."

"Really?  That's great."

"I will say that my mom and dad are really different with Kent than they were with me and Honor.  They're so crazy about him."

"I miss you, Logan.  It was so nice spending a few days together in the apartment."

"Yes, I miss you, too, Ace.  I'm excited to see you tomorrow."

"Merry Christmas, my prince."

Chuckling, Logan said, "Merry Christmas to you, my beautiful princess.  I love you."

"Oooh, I have my Harlequin romance face on, as Paris use to say.  I love you too, Logan."

"So, what time should I arrive tomorrow?"

"You better be here as early as you can get away from 'them'.  Just come whenever you can, okay?"

"Alright, Ace.  I'll see you tomorrow.  Sweet dreams."

"Night Logan.  Sweet dreams to you."