Chapter 4 - Just Friends

Rory thought back to when she and Jess had discovered that they were never meant to be in a romantic relationship again.  A couple of years after she had turned down Logan's proposal, an attempt at a one-night stand just went all wrong.  They decided to be just friends.  It worked and they had decided to share an apartment about three years ago.

He was always trying to get her to find someone to date.  Jess still had his office in Philadelphia but spent a lot of time in New York, too.

*****************

Jess was so mad at Rory.  He knew she had been carrying a torch for Logan all these years.  That's why she could never let herself get in a real relationship.  He just didn't have a good feeling about her going to that party and seeing Logan again.  Though, mabe, if it would go well, he could move on with his life.  He had felt protective of Rory the last couple of years.  Especially since they were like family now that Luke and Lorelai were married.

******************

Logan woke up the next morning in the penthouse suite and thought that the gods were really on his side last night.  For Finn, Colin , and Robert to have randomly run into Rory had to be some kind of a sign.  He had thought about her so many times in the last seven years.  Logan thought back to when Rory had turned down his marriage proposal.  He had been so devastated and spent months just trying to function normally again.  He had also been a fool to let her walk away.

She just had to show up at the party tonight because, he thought, well she just had to show up.  When he walked out of his room and went to get a cup of coffee in the kitchen, he felt three pairs of eyes boring a hole in his back.

"Okay, okay, I know you think it wasn't the smartest move?"  He sat down to drink his coffee and grabbed the newspaper to distract himself.

"Look, Huntz, we know how strong your connection was to Rory.  Hell, man you asked her to be your wife.  And, yeah, we loved her, too.  But, do you really want to go down that road again?," Finn asked.

He looked at his three best friends and just said, "yes, I have to because nobody has ever made me feel like she does."

A/NSo, what will unfold for my favorite couple.  Rory and Logan have never been without some bumps along the way.  This story will include a few, too.  Hope you find the reading enjoyable.  Thanks.