Chapter 2 - Butterflies

As they walked out of the bar and through the lobby with silence looming between them, Rory asked Logan what he was doing in New York.  She thought he lived in London.  Logan said he was in town for some business and to meet up with his old friends.

Logan and Rory reached the street curb and Logan hailed a taxi.  As they waited, Logan turned to Rory.  "You're really looking great."

"Thank you, Logan."  I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.  When I opened them, I was met with that fabulous sexy smile of his.

As the taxi pulled up, Logan asked if I would like to join in with the rest of the gang tomorrow night.  "Stephanie, Juliet and Rosemary will all be here and I'm sure they would love to see you."  He reached into my coat and rested his hand lightly on my waist.

Trying not to react to his touch and nonchalantly as possible, I looked up into his eyes, saying, "Oh, Logan, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Really?  Hmm, well I don't know why.  Just think about it.  I'm sure it will be something fun--you know like old times.  Just call The Plaza and ask for Finn's room."

As I was about to get in the taxi, he gave my waist a little squeeze and leaned in whispering in my ear, "hope you can make it, Ace.  I'd love to sit down and find out what or who's been keeping you busy these days."  Then he lightly kissed my cheek.

I sat back in the taxi and tried to catch my breath and calm my heart beat.  Damn, I said to myself, "I thought Logan hated me."  I put my hand on my stomach and tried to steady my nerves.  No way could I go to the party tomorrow, I thought to myself.  It would be impossible to keep my distance from Logan.  Plus, I can still hear him calling me Ace.  As the taxi arrived at my apartment, I got out and dashed up the stairs.

A/N:  Let me know what you think.  Will Rory go to the party and what will happen?  I have this story written out to 21 chapters so far.  It's always great to hear from the readers, though, and what you think will happen.  Thanks.