XIII

Seeing her was hell. I wasn't even prepared for it, in the halls the next day she eyed me up and down while she was talking with Gigi and made a nod towards me and Gigi turned around and looked at me. I hung my head low in shame of myself, and I realised that I felt more shame for dumping her than I did about being with her. Then I realised that there was no shame in having been with her, and I'd been wrong all along. I could still fix it, I had to. I turned around and went up to her and she looked at me expectantly.

"I'm- I- you um... never mind" I mumbled and she frowned in a very confused manner

"Sofia. Are you ok?" She asked when I was in the middle of turning around to leave the embarrassing situation

"Yeah I'm- you... I'm sorry?" I said unsurely and Gigi looked very concerned as well when I looked at her "I'm gonna go"

"Ok, bye" Kendall sighed and I quickly turned on my heel and walked away. I found my friends in my homeroom and they all seemed happy to see me.

"Hey guys" I said and sat down next to Kylie. She gave me a hug and I put my feet up on the table.

"Sofia" Bella said solemnly

"Yeah?" I sighed

"What's wrong?" This could be an opportunity to tell them that Id been with Kendall and that it was time to get her back.

"Well yesterday, I did something really fucking dumb"

"Ashley?" Hailey assumed

"No. I asked Kendall for a break"

"What do you mean?" Bella asked and Hailey looked like she understood

"I was with Kendall"

"When?"

"No, I mean with her" I repeated and they all immediately hugged me

"We still love you, it doesn't change what we think of you" Hailey reassured

"You're still our baby Soph" Bella nodded and I smiled in embarrassment. I wasn't expecting to do that, it just happened. It felt natural and I wasn't ashamed, just a little embarrassed because they were telling me they loved me.

"Thank you guys" I said and Kylie held onto me, even when the others had let go

"So are you bi or gay or...?" Bella asked

"I think I'm bi but I know I'm definitely not straight" I said "don't worry, I'm not hot for any of you guys though"

"I'm offended!" Kylie gasped jokingly

"Me too" Hailey laughed. During home room, Kylie and I talked about how I was going to get Kendall back.

"I need her to know that I'm mature enough to accept myself and stuff, but that I want her back too"

"Come over and we can talk about how you came out while she's there" she said and I nodded

"Do you think she'll think it's set up though?"

"No, not if I bring it up as a passing comment or something"

"I don't know if it's a good idea. Could you just tell her?"

"I don't know how she'll react, but sure" she said

"Thanks" I sighed and leaned back on my chair

"Your legs look good" she said and patted my knee

"Thanks" I laughed and pushed her off me "I think I'm gonna tell my mom today as well. Just to get it outta the way"

"Maybe that's for the best. Just be honest to yourself and other people" she nodded