XXI

"Soph?" Kendall sighed after about twenty minutes of silence between us. We were at her house because Kylie was out with her friends and she was convinced I needed someone watching me so Kendall had offered to look after me for a few days while she was busy.

"Yeah?" I said and sat up. I'd been lying down on the end her bed watching some Netflix on her massive TV, so I was a little out of it after not looking at anything else for so long.

"You ok over there?"

"Yeah thanks" I smiled and she chuckled when I stretched out by reaching my hands and feet to the ceiling and nearly falling off the end of the bed

"Good" she nodded and I tapped her foot then looked away like it wasn't me "what you doing?"

"What do you mean?" I asked

"A cheeky little shit just hit my foot"

"Who could that have been?" I grinned

"I don't know" she said and went back to looking at her phone. I tapped her foot again and she laughed "it happened again"

"What?" I asked

"Never mind, you don't know" she shrugged and looked away. I waited until she was focused on her phone again and tickled her foot, but she lurched forwards and tickled my stomach mercilessly and I squealed and rolled around trying to get away from her while she tickled anywhere on my body. "I think I found who was doing it"

"It wasn't me!" I laughed and she stopped

"Yeah? Then who was it?" She smiled

"I don't know what you're talking about" I said and she suddenly tickled me again

"Please, I don't know" I squeaked and slid off the bed and ran into the next room which was apparently her bathroom. She walked in after me and picked me up without saying a word, then put me in the empty bathtub and laughed at me just sitting there with a little smile on my face.

"So cute" she said and her phone started ringing. She frowned and looked at me, then said "hey"

"Hey baby" a man's voice said

"Guess who's here" she said and showed me sitting in her tub to him and he laughed. I immediately got out and walked out of the room, I was jealous and I wasn't afraid of showing it to her, just admitting it. I went to sit in the living room, and I could hear her talking for about twenty minutes, then she found me sitting in front of her fireplace staring at the flames. She sat next to me and I looked over at her, and she looked really guilty. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to give you guys some privacy. I wouldn't want you there if I was speaking to my boyfriend" I shrugged and she stroked my hair

"Don't be sad about it" she said "why don't we talk about it?"

"I don't want to talk about it" I said stubbornly but she didn't move, she could still read me perfectly after all these years.

"Why don't you just ask me a question and I promise I'll answer honestly"

"Did you really love me?" I asked

"Straight in there? Ok. Yes, I did really love you" she said

"Then how are you straight?"

"Things change Soph, I don't have to do everything according to what I did when I was a teenager" she said

"Fine. Do you love him?"

"Yes" she said "I'm very happy"

"More than me?"

"Soph, come on"