Chapter Fourteen

Hey. So this is my last update for Hunter, she's used to type single handed now. She also wants me to add John did NOT steal the ring, he bought the same one. Comment, vote and fan. :-) - Seth.

Morgan’s POV

I watched Chalice shoot Addie a daring look. She was a real stickler for not cussing around Sarah and Addie had just done that. I watched Addie shrug innocently which almost made me want to smirk but I knew I couldn’t.

“You heard this kid, Addie, pay up,” I said cockily at her trying to get a kick out of her but she just ignored me as I thought she would. How am I supposed to have a plan when she doesn’t even get aggravated or anything? I sighed inwardly and glanced down at her hands that were holding Sarah’s.

What the fuck? Did John propose? Holy shit! That bastard! Wait, that’s the same fucking ring I proposed to her with! No way!

I didn’t even hear anything that went on for a minute because I couldn’t believe she had a fucking ring on her finger. The ring that should’ve been there four goddamned years ago when I tried to put it there!

“I just got hustled by a four year old,” Addie said chuckling which caught me out of my rant with myself. I didn’t look at her, though, I just couldn’t now. Chalice started bursting in a fit of laughter though. I’ve got to admit though if I wasn’t pissed I would’ve too.

“Anyways, so we were talking before we were interrupted,” Chalice said staring at me.

“Hey, I warned you, oh and that’s a nice, expensive ring, I should know, it’s the same as the one I proposed to you with,” I said not even realizing I said the ring part until her jaw dropped. Ha! Okay, that was a bit immature. I shrugged it off and grabbed a soda from the fridge.

Even though it was immature, that was my plan. I had acted like the bigger person for so long just to get turned down so there was no way in hell I wasn’t going to soak it up. I’m never going to let her live it down that her stupid fiancé bought the same fucking ring I did.

“I knew it looked familiar…” Addie whispered to herself but Chalice and I both heard it.

“Oh, is that Sarah? Coming sweetie,” Chalice said running out of the kitchen. Sarah did not call for her mom. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen going through the living room and out of the front door.

I knew Addie was following me but I didn’t bother to look at her until she stood right in front of me on the porch.

“Are you just going to ignore me forever?” she asked me. I didn’t say anything nor was I going to.

“God damn it Morgan! Talk to me!” she whined. I took a swig of the drink and ignored her once more.

“Morgan, please,” this time she was pleading with sincerity.

“What? What do you want? You’re kind of acting pathetic Addie fighting for my attention. What. Do. You. Want.” I said rude and into her face. She looked taken back but I wasn’t going to let it show that this was affecting me even though it totally was. Addie was engaged! And not to me! So many things were wrong with this!

“I just want to say I’m sorry,” she muttered and actually catching me off guard.

“For what?”

“For leaving you when I did. I was stupid and immature,” damn right, but so was I.

“You’re sorry for something about the past? Ha…I think we’ve already established that,” I said without any emotion. Not going to let this get to me that’s for sure.