Chapter 4: Loki Arc: Part 2

"Dammit, what's happening to me?" Issei thought as his heart was still beating at a very fast rate. It had been like that since he had seen Invigld.

"(I believe what you are experiencing is love at first sight.)" Ddraig chimed in.

"How can you suggest that even after all I have been through recently," Issei asked back.

"(That was different as you let your heart trust way too much, this time however it's your draconic instincts guiding you. Just think of it this way in a room full of powerful females you only reacted to her. That speaks volumes in itself does it not?)" Ddraig replied

"Yes, it does. Alright, then I am going to go talk to her." Issei thought back and started to slowly move towards Invigld. However, as he started walking he suddenly started feeling incredibly anxious and stopped.

"Argh I don't believe this, I died came back, fought a high-class devil and won, survived against a cadre level fallen angel, drew against the strongest white dragon emperor and survived months of hellish training under a freaking dragon king and I am feeling shy to talk to a girl. Come on Its not even funny, I can literally beat 80% of the young devils here yet I am scared of talking to a girl." Issei internally ranted much to Ddraigs amusement.

"Ok, Issei deep breaths you've got this. Just go and say hi. It'll all be fine then." He said to himself as he drew in a few deep breaths and then started moving towards Invigld. As he moved towards her direction he could see that most of his fellow peerage members were spread around the room and were associating with other low-class devils.

His eyes then moved to ingvild who was shyly standing alone on a side as everyone else interacted with each other. Issei felt a slight rise in his rage as he connected the dots. Despite having the blood of the original leviathan she was still a half-devil and hence was being discriminated by the young devils.

Walking up to her he said "Hi." Invigld immediately took a small step back as her eyes showed a little fear.

Looking at her reaction Issei immediately raised his hands in a placating manner and said, "I am sorry I didn't mean to scare you I was merely greeting you."

"Ah, I am so sorry. My name is Invigld leviathan." Invigld said with an embarrassed blush.

"Think nothing of it. The names Hyoudou Issei your friendly next-door red dragon emperor." Issei said with a small bow.

"You are the red dragon emperor?" Invigld asked in a loud voice before she realized that several high-class devils looked at her due to outburst causing her to blush.

"That I am." Issei started but couldn't continue as he was interrupted by Rias who came up and said

"Ara Issei I hope you aren't disturbing Leviathan sama are you.?"

Issei rolled his eyes at her question and did not answer. Invigld however immediately said "N-no he wasn't disturbing we were just talking nothing more. My name is Invigld Leviathan, by the way, it's nice to meet you."

"Rias Gremory the pleasure is all mine." Rias greeted as the two high-class devils shook hands with each other. Both the girls then made general conversation. Soon after Rias spotted Koneko and Kiba leave the room and excused herself before following them out. She was expecting Issei to follow her as she knew that he cared for his comrades however she was surprised beyond measure when she saw that he wasn't following.

She then felt very angry and resolved to talk to Issei as soon as she came back with her knight and rook. A few minutes after she left a soft song had started playing. It was a tune that Issei liked. A few moments later the courtyard was full of dancing couples.