22 ~ Momma

Richie's Pov:

I wake up the the sound of someone knocking on the door.

I groan into my pillow and mentally tell the person to fuck off.

Its like 6 am.

The knocking continues, and starts getting increasingly louder and louder.

"Go away!" I shout, knowing well enough they wouldn't hear me.

I huff and throw the blanket off of my legs, and stumble out into the living room.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Richie? I know you're in there. Open the door!" The voice demands.

"Who the fuck?" I mumble.

Holy shit.

What if it's Henry?

He found out where Eddie and I live?

Shit. This isn't good.

"Anybody? Please open up." The voice from the other side begs.

It doesn't sound like Henry. In fact, it doesn't sound like a males voice at all.

I begin to slowly tread towards the door, and twist the doorknob.

"Richie- hi sweetie." She smiles.

Oh no. I must have done something really bad if shes here..

"Mom?" I gasp.

I stumble towards her and engulf her in a hug.

"Mom, H-How did you know Im s-staying h-here?" My voice starts cracking and my eyes burn with tears.

"You're father—. He told me that you're staying at your boyfriends house." She gives me a sad smile.

"H-how did you know that Eddie is my.... boyfriend?" I ask, unsure of my mom's opinion of me having a boyfriend 

"I guessed. You and him have always been really close so I assumed it was him."

I nod slowly. 

"So... you're not mad at me for liking boys?" I whisper.

"Of course not sweetie." She leans in and gives me another hug.

But this time, we were both crying.

"I'm so sorry that your father did that. You don't deserve any of this. You deserve to be happy." She croaks.

"Thank you mommy." I murmur. "You have no idea how much that means to me."

"Richie..?" I turn around and see a sleepy looking Eddie.

"Hey Eds.."

"Why are you crying? And why is the door open? Is freezing cold in the house. My mom is gonna freak out if she wakes up with shivers." Eddie groans.

"Goodmorning to you too." I roll my eyes.

I move to the side so Eddie is able to see who I'm talking to.

"You know my mom.."

"Oh yeah.... Goodmorning Mrs.Tozier." Eddie walks up next to me and smiles at her.

"I'm sorry for coming so early... you can call me Maggie by the way." She smiles back.

"No problem... you can come inside." Eddie holds the door open and waits for me and my mom to walk inside.

We all go into the kitchen to talk since Mrs Kaspbrak is in the living room.

"Mom, I love the surprise visit... but why are you here?"