FORTY-SEVEN [UNEDITED]

"Hey, Stefan." Aurelia said, walking into his room. "You called?"

"I did." Stefan said, turning towards her as she approaching him, smiling as she folded her arms.

"This better be good, because I'm in a good mood for the first time in forever." She stated. "Also, you interrupted pancake time with Aunt Liz. She makes the best pancakes, by the way." She said. He looked down.

"There's a problem." The smile on her face fell. "When Damon went out to kill Wes—"

"What?" Aurelia asked. Stefan grimaced slightly, having forgotten to tell her.

"So, yesterday, I didn't mention it to you, but Damon had outsmarted Tyler and escaped to go find and kill Wes." He started. "Apparently, he did what was done to Enzo, you and him. Katherine found a dead Wes, with the vampire virus. She injected herself with it." Aurelia's eyes widened in disbelief. "So, now, I'm on my way to the dorm room in Whitmore to go see her." Aurelia frowned. "Could you do me a favor?"

"Yeah, anything." She said.

"I'll give you the address of where Wes was conducting his experiments post the downfall of Augustine." He said. "If there's a virus, there has to be a cure." She nodded in understanding. "Do you think you could find it?"

"Yeah." She answered. "I'll go down there."

!

Aurelia frowned, looking through yet another rack in Wes' makeshift lab for vampires. She finally shoved everything she deemed unnecessary off the shelf, before spotting the familiar recorder that he used while experimenting on her.

She took it in her hands, playing the recording.

She slowly began to go more and more into shock of what she heard. When the recording was over, she dropped it to the ground, replaying everything in her mind.

Elena was infected with an enhanced vampire virus that contained werewolf venom. It was different from Damon's, which definitely didn't contain a deadly virus.

"Oh my God." She mumbled.

"So, werewolves are real? I always thought that was, you know, a joke." A familiar British accent said. Aurelia spun around, before looking at Enzo unamused. "So, you're still alive."

"Yeah, I am." She said. "Maybe to kill you."

"Easy." He said, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Okay, I don't know what you're doing here, but leave me out of it." She said.

"I'm here for the same reason you are." He stated, making her look back at him. "I want this vampire-feeding virus out of our lives." She raised an eyebrow.

"Let me guess. It's because you want your killing buddy, a.k.a., my friend Damon back. Why? Is killing as a lone wolf more boring?"

"Right. Damon mentioned that you were pretty harsh and judgy." He said, making her raise an eyebrow.

"He told you about me?" She asked in disgust.

"Then again, he told me that you had a thing for accents." He added.

"No, that's my sister." She retorted, making him click his tongue. He looked up, pretending to be in thought.

"Someone by the name of Kol?" She inhaled sharply.

"Just... stay out of it." She snapped. "I don't need another problem." She turned around.

"Then you're not the least bit impressed that I have the antidote?" He asked, making her groan.