TWENTY-SEVEN [UNEDITED]

"You wanted to kill Klaus when you got your emotions back." Elena said, pulling herself up onto an exposed ceiling beam in Stefan's room.

"I know, and I couldn't." Stefan said, pressing his lips into a straight line.

"You don't think I can kill Katherine?" The doppelganger asked, looking at him as she continued her pull-ups.

"I don't think you really want to." Stefan answered, folding his arms.

"Maybe you're right." He raised an eyebrow. "Maybe I just want to feel the warmth of her chest cavity as I rip out her heart and watch her face as she realizes that I took it from her." Elena let go of the beam, landing on the floor. "Nah, I just want to kill her. It's that simple." She said, taking her jacket off. "I'm gonna go shower."

Stefan nodded once, watching her as she left with a disappointed smile.

"Aurelia." He suddenly heard her say.

"Elena." The voice chirped. "How are you?"

"I don't know. Stefan's inside, by the way."

"Thank you." Aurelia said with a smile as she put her hand on the door frame. "Oh, and I'm taking you to the grill so us and Caroline can do those letter things."

"Okay." Footsteps walked away, and Aurelia appeared at the door, smiling as she walked into his room.

Hello." She chirped, as Stefan narrowed his eyes.

"You're in a good mood today." He observed, before he groaned softly. "Okay, Caroline called me and threatened me. She said something about not ruining your mood today." Aurelia raised her eyebrows. "You were singing when you got up?"

"Oh God, she told you about that?" She said, blushing softly.

"Well, she did compliment your voice." He added as she shrugged. "What? You undermine yourself with music, too? Come on, Aurelia, you could play the piano back in the 'old times.'."

"And how do you know that I still do?" She challenged, leaning against the table, before her eyes landed on an old book on it. "Oh, a diary. I wonder who's it is." She teased, before she took it and opened it, as Stefan frantically sped to her and tried to take it away. "Dear Diary, I see her changing now. After her return, I feel better, because her road to recovery is going to lead her to a better place. I just don't want to do anything to jeopardize it." Her grin softened, realizing who it was about. "Oh, is Stelena rekindling?" She asked, masking the crack in her voice. Stefan shook his head quickly, taking the diary back.

"It's about someone else." He said. Her smile turned into a grin.

"And her name is...?"

"...Margaret?" He clearly lied- probably as a joke- even though it came out as a question. Aurelia laughed.

"Stefan Salvatore, who thought you'd be such a player?" She joked. He shrugged. "Okay, moving on before Elena hears this stupid conversation: I'm going to refrain from finding out where Katherine is so I don't tell her."

"Right." He said. "And just try to distract her from all this. We have Silas to deal with, too."

"Oh, yeah." She said, remembering the eventful night. "God, I hate him."

"You're okay, right?" He asked her, keeping the diary on the table. She nodded. "I think I just ruined your mood."

"Oh, Caroline's gonna kill you." Aurelia played, as the two exchanged playful glances. "On a more serious note, please, call me if something's up. I'll get there ASAP."