𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

"SO YOU MADE ME COME BACK, only to get out of the Manor yet again?" Rebekah's whine made Aurelia roll her eyes, hoping that the former would quickly pick up on the hint and realize that she was in no mood to deal with her complaints.

"Hand me the ash." She felt a slightly heavy bag in her hand as she stuck it out to the older. "Is this all of it?" Able to see Rebekah nod from the corner of the eye, she brought the bag close to her chest, using her free hand to open the sealed zip lock. "Do I want to know how you got all of this?"

"Nope." With a small chuckle, Aurelia fully opened the bag and knelt down, her eyes set on the water body sitting in front of her hunched figure. "Is the quarry a good idea?" She then took a look up at Rebekah, who had her hands on her hips.

"Damon would most likely be at that bridge right now. If he saw this," She raised the bag in front of her sister. "He'd realize that an abundance of ash to coat those daggers isn't the worst substitute for white oak wood." She then turned back to the quarry. "So, going to the river under the bridge is a bad idea."

"Fair enough."

"You're home!" Caroline's exclamation was the first thing Aurelia heard when she walked into her sister's house. "Where were you all day? I hadn't gotten a text from you and it got me..." A shaky chuckle left the younger vampire's lips. "A little nervous."

"I can see that." Aurelia replied, shutting the door. "It's three in the morning Caroline, don't you have a bed to be in?" Caroline hummed slightly, eyes on Aurelia as the latter walked into the kitchen. "If I don't call or text, it means I will be home at some point in the night; you don't have to worry." Her assurance was followed by a slight shuffle when she adjusted her posture to lean on the kitchen island.

"I'm sorry," Caroline's lips curved downwards. "I just... I've just got to see you for the first time ever, and the stories Stefan told me made you look so fun-loving and sweet, and kind and gentle, like the perfect sister..." She trailed off to a small pause whilst Aurelia was unable to help a fond smile on her own face. "I was so excited, and I don't want to lose you or anything, especially considering—"

"I'm working with your enemies." The older completed softly, making Caroline visibly pout, before looking up at her as she felt her hand taken into both of Aurelia's. "I've obligated myself to a horribly dangerous life, and I fully understand your concern for my well-being, sister, but this is something I've chosen to do... and your worry can't be helped." Aurelia then sighed quietly, closing her eyes for a small moment.

"Just..." She looked at the sweeter woman. "Please don't get hurt..." At those words, Aurelia had to mask the truth and could only nod at it once, seeing that her liver was almost split in two just hours ago. "Do you want to eat something?" Caroline's hand slipped away from Aurelia's as the former walked to a cabinet. "We have cake, chips, cookies, peanut butter—" She turned around to see Aurelia with her nose scrunched up in disgust. "What?"

"You keep peanut butter in your house?" She asked. "That monstrosity of an edible—" Caroline dramatically gasped, pulling out a jar of the protein food. "I can't even look at it, oh my..." Aurelia placed her hands over her eyes, but her visibly disturbed expression was still out for Caroline to laugh at.

And that, she did.

As Caroline muffled her giggles and laughs with her hand to avoid waking up her mother upstairs, Aurelia began to smile sweetly at the warm sight; if she had a weakness, it was most likely the girl in front of her. She'd be able to stand watching Rebekah or Klaus in pain, considering she had a hard relationship with them, and they were practically immortal. If it were Caroline, she would surely unleash hell; the bubbly vampire deserved so much better than what she had gotten in the past one year.