EIGHTEEN [UNEDITED]

Aurelia huffed, pushing her hair out of her face before she pulled the boat onto the sand. She took her backpack and slung it over her shoulder, walking across the wet sand towards Stefan and Rebekah, one of which was glaring at Elena.

"Need help?" She asked Stefan. He shook his head.

"Well, she could stop giving Elena the evil eye. It's really not helping." He said, referring to Rebekah.

"She killed my brother and tried to get you to dagger me. She's lucky all she's getting is the evil eye." The 1000-year-old vampire said, as Aurelia let out a breath.

"You know I can hear you, right?" Elena called out, looking at the trio.

"You know I don't care, right?" Rebekah called back, smiling in victory as she saw the anger on Elena's face. The brunette rushed towards her, grabbing her neck and threatening to stab her with the white oak stake, which was pointed at her chest. Fortunately for the Original, she flipped them over.

"Go ahead and kill me." Rebekah teased. "But then you'd have to face you real problems. Like the fact that Stefan invited me here himself. I guess he likes me again." Elena glared at her, as the older vampire stood up and walked away. Stefan offered to help her up but she got up herself, walking away, rather irritated.

Stefan shared a look with Aurelia, who made a face at Rebekah. He held back a laugh as she gave him a goofy smile.

!

"Satellite phone lost its signal." Shane said, as Aurelia sighed and took another step. The group- which included herself, Stefan, Damon, Rebekah, Bonnie, Shane, Jeremy and Elena- continued to hike, as Damon rolled his eyes.

"Well that's a good sign." He remarked.

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena asked.

"So then leave." Rebekah said. "Out of everyone, your presence is the least necessary."

"Please don't start." Stefan said.

"I'm merely stating facts. Jeremy has the spell on his body. Bonnie is the witch that unseals the cure. Aurelia is all-powerful, and therefore is vital. You and I have the tombstone- which does God knows what. And Shane is the moral compass." Rebekah continued.

"What about me?" Damon asked.

"You have a nice behind." Rebekah replied, as Aurelia hid her laugh with a cough.

!

"Centuries after Qetsiyah died, there were these miners who were excavating a well on the island." Shane narrated. "Suddenly went mad. They bled themselves dry."

"Are you sure a vampire wasn't just roaming around? Or Silas was the reason?" Aurelia asked.

"He was buried alive by Qetsiyah, 'Lia." Rebekah said. "I don't think he could move."

"He could've learned a thing or two. That's all I'm saying." Aurelia defended.

"There's no apparent reason." Shane said. "Good theories though. Then, legend spread that these miners, in exchange for a drop of blood, could see visions of their lost loved ones in the well they were digging." Aurelia raised her eyebrows. "The word traveled and explorers sought to see if the legend was true."

"So, the well was magic?" Asked Bonnie.

"Well, you know, some people believed that the voices of the lost souls were just a wind vortex whipping through the cave. The visions- they believe- were a result of inhaling the island's poisonous plant life."

"And what do you believe?" Aurelia asked.

"I believe in magic." He answered. "My wife and son died within months of each other. and so, I decided to try the well out for myself."