TWENTY-EIGHT [UNEDITED]

"Where's Care?" Aurelia shouted over the loud and powerful winds, looking around as she pushed her hair out of her face. Stefan didn't answer as he noticed Elena walk out of the school building to meet up with them and Damon. "Elena!"

"Caroline's inside looking for Bonnie!" Elena said loudly, trying to hear and be heard. "I think we should split up! Damon and I can look outside while you two can look inside!" She said, gesturing to Stefan and Aurelia.

"All right." Stefan said. "Let us know if you find anything!" Taking Aurelia's hand, the two walked into the building, and Aurelia sighed in relief of the fact that the walls of the building shielded them from the annoying winds.

"Phew." She sighed, before taking out two flashlights from her pocket. "Here." Stefan took it, and switched it on, holding it up and looking around. "No sign of anyone here." Aurelia said, before she walked further into the school. "Come on." She said, before letting out a few dry coughs. She held her chest as she did, and Stefan walked to her, carefully patting her back.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "I don't think you wanna be here."

"No, no, I'm fine." She assured, looking at him. "And I should be here. We have to find Katherine and Bonnie."

!

"Caroline." Aurelia said, walking into the cafeteria. "There you are." Caroline looked at her and Stefan, pressing her lips into a straight line.

"Any luck finding them?" Stefan asked. Caroline shook her head.

"I searched the whole school. They should be here." She said. Aurelia frowned, as silence fell over the three. However, it was broken by the noise of something falling over. She turned towards the kitchens.

"Did you hear that?" She asked. They nodded, and walked to kitchens, looking around cautiously for any unpleasant surprises. Caroline approached the freezer, swiftly opening it. A bag or ice tilted towards them, and drop of water fell out onto the ground.

"Hm. Ice is melting." Stefan said. Caroline shut the door, groaning.

"Ugh. This just doesn't make any sense!" She said. "This is the center of the triangle. If she's gonna do the spell, she has to do it here. This is where they should be!" Aurelia placed a hand on Caroline's shoulder.

"Caroline, relax. We'll find them." She said, confused as to why Caroline seemed so desperate.

"Actually..." Stefan began. "I think we're in the right place..." The light from his flashlight slowly moved a drain on the floor, where the water made its way. "...just the wrong elevation."

"Wait, what?" Aurelia asked, puzzled. "A basement?"

"We found out some time ago, when you were there." Stefan said. "It was where all those engravings of the Originals' story were." He continued. "There's a large network of tunnels underneath this town. Bonnie's probably down there." He pulled out his phone and quickly dialed Damon's number.

!

"If I remember correctly," Damon said. "I think there's an entrance in the basement."

"Well, where's the basement?" Stefan asked through the phone.

"Off the boiler room!" Elena said, loud enough for Stefan to hear her through the phone.

"You hear that?" Damon asked him.

"All right, I'll meet you there."

!

"Boiler room." Stefan said to Caroline and Aurelia. "Aurelia, I'm really sorry," He added. "but I'm not gonna let you go down there near Katherine. If she sees that you're weak, then she will kill you."