Chapter 35~

If you aren't a follower and didn't get the email, go back and read Chapter 34 as it is new. If you do not. this chapter35 might be a bit confusing. 

Chapter 35

Enjoy!

*************************************************

One single run turned into hours of running around the forest. I knew Taylor and Theo to be guarding me. As for the other guards my dense Prince tacked onto my moments, I hadn't felt them in the last few hours.

I couldn't get my mind off all that I had done to Nik. It was all my fault he is now spending ten years in prison. Ten years he could have found a second chance mate. A female wolf who could have loved him for him. Possibly given him pups to cherish and dote on.

Now all he will be able to see is a four by four concrete ceil. I've heard the door and walls are laced with a chemical that will burn their skin. I put him in that chemical covered cell. I forced him to be burned.

No matter what they say, it was all my doing. Nik wouldn't have betrayed my trust and for that alone I will never see his handsome face again.

Knowing my pathetic mate he will band Nik from entering the castle after his ten years are up.

Is this what he wanted to happen all along? Was he hoping if the council members sentenced Nik to jail, he would be off the hook? He wouldn't have to feel guilty for forcing my own brother in jail.

Stopping mid leap, my body falls to the ground like a log. Had he spoken to the council members? Ordering them to sentence Nik to jail? He had looked confident through the whole trial. Is that why? He knew the outcome before anyone else?

"Claudia?"

He couldn't have. He wouldn't have betrayed me like that.

Whimpering I curl up into myself. My tail wrapping around my face to block out the trees surrounding us. The sun had fallen hours ago.

"Claudi?"

All my fault. It's all my fault.

"Dammit Claudia. We are not playing this game again. You will not curl up inside your mind. Get the hell up and act as if you're pissed off. Do something for crying out loud!"

I growl out as a paw smashes me in my face. Before I have time to react my tail is chomped down on. Reacting I try to scramble away. Instead the mouth holding onto my tail flings me around in the air. Whimpering at the pain, I try to force myself to concentrate.

"Do you believe Nikolai kept you a second so that you could wallow in self-pity now? You're not the one who is in jail Claudia. He is. Not you! He knew what he was getting into the day he promised you he would keep your secret," Taylor roars at me as he takes out my right front leg.

Why are they doing this?

"Lies!" I scream back. "He believed I could get him off the hook!"

"Nikolai told me the day after he found out who you really were. He told me he knew the price of lying to his Prince. He damn well knew he would be going to jail." Ramming me, I feel a rib crack under the pressure of his hard head.

"No, he wouldn't have allowed that. I don't believe you!" I cry out with horror. He couldn't have known.

I feel my body thrown against a tree. The bark scraping a chuck of fur off my back. I deserve this. I deserve it all.

"Dammit Claudi fight back! Nikolai didn't spend hours training you for this bull. He would be disappointed in you." I feel the air whoosh out of my lungs as the two wolves slam into me at the same time.