Chapter 3~

POV: Caden

 Laughing at Jason's joke I hardly notice Jessica's body rubbing against mine. I've kept her as a mistress for one reason and one reason only, to separate myself from the world. To ease the anguish and anger.

 Eight indescribable years I've waited for a sign of her brown hair, curvy body and heartwarming smile. Not one glimpse to ease the suffering I feel deep within my soul.

Mentally sighing I force a fake smile on my lips. King Luca, my father would be stepping up on the podium to declare the start of the royal run. I've dreaded it each year. Royals are meant to run side by side with their mate. In case a mate hasn't been found a replacement is demanded. Jessica is that replacement.

She believes I'm giving her the crown, stupid female. There is one lone beautiful female who deserves to wear the crown. And she ran eight excruciating years ago.

To this date we haven't gained a single clue to who she is. I can barely remember the softness of her skin against my fingers. The small gasp escaping her lips haunts my dreams at night. Was it out of shock or anger? Is that nonetheless the reason she hides from me to this date?

The moment my eyes close for the night, my wolf replays those moments of sheer terror.

Pushing the boy off me, I shove to my feet, eyes searching frantically around the room for the brunette haired beauty. "Guards!" I scream with terror in my voice. Was she kidnapped? "Guards!" Instantly guards surround me, ready to obey my each word. "Close all exits, no female leaves this castle. My mate is here and I demand to know what happened to her." Nodding their heads they scamper off to do my bidding.

Anger pulse's through me. How dare a wolf rebel against its crown and still the future Queen? "Jason what did you see when this despicable boy threw me to the ground?" Bright red eyes flash to the floor where the boy sat motionless. The moment I realized who he was, I nearly lost it. Grabbing him around the collar I slam my fist into his face up until hands reach my shoulders to rip me off.

"Son, Jason has explained to me what has happened. Instead of beating the commander's son to a pulp you should ask questions pertaining to your mate!" Snarling back at my father's harshness I throw one strong kick to Nikolai's head, knocking him out cold.

"I want him arrested and charged with helping kidnap my Princess and future Queen."

"Caden, you're not thinking straight. How do you know he helped her? Why do you think she was kidnapped in the first place?" Sighing he turned me around to face his hardened eyes.

"I had her in my arms father, the tingles shooting up my arms when that fool..." Pointing down at the piece of crap. "...threw me to the ground and held me down! Don't you tell me he had nothing to do with it, father, I know what I saw! No mate of mine would run away from me, she had to have been kidnapped."

Feeling the bones in my back crack, I felt an unknown power serge throughout my body. The thrill of the chase egging me to shift forms. 

"Enough! I will not listen to you Caden until you calm down. Take Jason for a run and return once you have reverted back to human form." How dare he command me to go for a run? I need to find the bastards who stole my mate.

 "Before you go Jason, tell me what she looked like, the dress color, hair color, eye color, anything you can remember son." Breathing hard, I force my attention to my mother as another bone cracks.

"Her back was to us the whole time, you highness. I can't tell you what her face looked like, but she has brown hair and is wearing a royal blue dress."