Chapter 28~

Caden's POV

Seconds tick by as we await the arrival of the six doctors assigned to Claudia's case.

By the time they enter Claudia's body relaxes back down on the silk sheets. Without a word they rush over to her body, check vitals and the heart monitor.

Minutes passed by as my anxiety kicks in. "There is not one thing wrong with Princess Claudia, my Prince. Our only conclusion to her thrashing around is an influence of her dream state. Whatever she is dreaming about put her in danger."

"Is she safe now?" I question. How on earth did her dream impact her sleeping body?

"We do not have that answer, my Prince. Without knowing the details of her dream we have no idea what could be taking place inside her head. Until she wakes up, this event may happen again. As long as you are able to restrain her from harming herself, she should come to no harm." The head doctor Ivan explains.

Nodding my head, they exit the room. An eerie silent creeps up my spine. Not only do I endanger my own mate in the real world, but in the dream world as well.

I pray once she wakes up, our relationship will go smoothly.

"She will be alright Caden. If need be her family may come in and keep watch in case it happens again." Sitting down on the bed once more, I brush her hair back. Clearly her striking face.

Agreeing, I rub my face. I thought having a mate would be blissful. Instead I've scared her half to death.

Entwining our fingers, I gently rub my thumb over her warm skin. How I wish I could kiss those rosy red lips. To feel the passion I know could be between us. Instead all I do is push her away and hide behind my mistakes.

My parents stayed with me, they knew I needed their silent support.

Minutes ticked by and soon enough it was time for breakfast. A firm knock at the door interrupts my silent musings. At my mother's approval, six maids enter with carts piled high with food. Giving my mother a confused look I try to understand why she would have order enough to feed fifteen warriors.

The small smirk on her face tells me she is up to no good. If on cue, the door reopens and in comes Claudia's family along with Theo and Jason.

"I figured it was time to have a family breakfast. Once our sweet Claudia wakes up, I want our family to be joined by the hip. If she sees our two families getting alone, it may help her to feel at ease around us royals." Always the mother wolf. Taking care of not only her own cub, but the others.

I brush my fingers across her check one more time. Marcus and I would rather stay right here within reaching distance of our other half. Before I get the chance to be reprimanded by my mother for ignoring her, a scream leaves my beauties lips as her body flies into a sitting position.

Eyes wide open she scans the room as if afraid to find a certain person. I see instant relief when she comes up empty.

I feel my fingers itch to wrap her up in my arms. To feel her warm spread throughout my body.

 My mother silently glides over and as gently as she can unhook all the wires to my angel's body. "Your safe, my dear. Caden hasn't left your side since the rogues were taken to the dungeons."

At my mother's words I could feel a tinge of a blush creeping up onto my cheeks.

The silence in the room continued on as her eyes roamed the room, taking in each member of mine and her family.

Without a peep she literally crawls into my lap, snuggling against my chest. To shocked to move, my mouth hangs up at the sudden trust she has in me.

Fingers snapping in front of my face bring me out of my little stupor. Smiling sheepishly at my mother, I lift Claudia in my arms so that I could lean up against the head board.