Chapter 2~

POV: Claudia

"Day dreaming?" A familiar voice whispers in my ear, forcing me to open my eyes.

"You know me to well Nikolai." Smiling, I punch him softly in the arm. I wonder how long he searched for me this time. Apparently I have no true scent.

"I do, that's why it only took me a mere twenty minutes to hunt you down. Not having a damn scent to fallow drives me to quicken my time." It's true. Since the night I gave him my blood, he's had a pull towards me. Not romantic, more brotherly. "I can remember the first time we played hide and seek. It took me nearly four hours to find you and that's only because your brother stepped in out of pity." Shaking his head he leans against the wall next to me.

"How did the date go last night?" The night I gave him my blood he lost his soul mate. Apparently a female wolf had her eyes and paws set on having Nikolai as her mate no matter what. He had no clue who she was until after he murdered her for taking Anna's life. He says he is ready to move on after ten years, though I know deep down he will always love Anna, as she was his soul mate. No matter who he ends up with, she will be in the back of his mind and own a piece of his heart.

"A bust. All she wants is the status I will bring her. I believe I will take you up on a blind date next time." Sighing he turns to the crowd, watching the couples laugh and dance.

"Once my heat is over we will get down to business on lining up a few dates. Find the perfect name to hide your identity." Being one of the military's top leaders tends to bring woman crawling to your feet. Single females know Nikolai's mate is dead and take advantage of it. Crawling into his bed at night, crying rape unless he mates with her. Stupid females don't realize he has cameras in his house for that reason. "We can't have a twenty-five year old handsome male running around single can we?"

"No...no we can't." Giving me a smirk he brings his hand up to my cheek, giving it a small rub. "To bad you're taken, otherwise I wouldn't be single."

Breaking contact with his hand, I roll my eyes. We have joked about being together for the past year. It would be idiotic to go through with it. Once I go into heat Caden should be able to find me through the birth book. It holds all werewolf births unless you're a rogue that is. They tend to forsake rules.

"You're in trouble as is for helping me hide. I do not want you to die for being with me sexually." Over the years Caden has mellowed down from his youthful ways. Flogging went out the window days after feeling the loss of me. Apparently Jason remembered seeing my dress through the tree branches. When he put two and two together they realized the reason for me running away. Hiding in the wall behind the battle room, I heard the screaming, crying and unforgiveable words between all three royals. His parents couldn't believe he stupidly contemplated flogging his own mate. I left before they finished their discussion as the words were getting to me.

"Don't remind me. Once he finds out, I have no doubt he will strip me of my title and banish me to the dungeons. We both know it will take him months to get over my betrayal, if ever."

"I will work my magic, Nik. Technically you protected your future princess. You're loyal beyond reason. If anything he should be thankful you were by my side, defending me." Snorting, this time he rolls his eyes. If anything, Caden will beat the living day lights out of him for knowing who I am. He knew I was Caden's mate from the ball, but didn't give me away. He figured I had to run for a reason, which I did. "I'll do everything in my power to make sure he doesn't kill you Nik. I'm the one who forced you to my side. If anything I should be the one who is punished, not you."

"We both know what your punishment will in tale, sweetheart." Blushing, I push him out into the open. Stupid man knows how to make me blush and I hate it. "It's the truth, might as well get used to it. You have one week before your body will crave his rough touch."