Epilogue

I made this to help with the transition to book 2. Hope you all enjoy it!
*Not edited at all as it was written on my phone*

-Unknown POV

I watch as my father stands above the bloody, broken and destroyed body of Princess Claudia.

It wasn't easy to watch her go through all that trauma. I wanted to step in and save her. It would have been a simple spell to extract her from the deathly rapids.

If only there was another way for her.

As the rogues get closer, my father picks Claudia up and vanishes right before they round the bend. Leaving behind a large puddle of blood for her Prince to see.

In no time Caden shows up only to snap and lose it. The King orders his Commanders to pin him down as he goes for the rogue leader's throat.

It's a depressing sight to see. A male losing the female he loves and cherishes above all else. I would be acting the same way if I was in his spot.

"Everything in order?" My cousin says as he appears next to me.

"Yes," I clip out. None of this is easy to do. None of us wanted to put Claudia in this type of position. "When the time is right everything will be as it should be."

If only there was another way. Claudia wouldn't have had to suffer all these years.

"If only Aunt Morgan was strong enough." He says.

We don't blame her. What was pushed on her shoulders wasn't an easy task to complete.

I don't say anything regarding Morgan's, my mother, decision. It's in the past, and nothing can change the outcome.

"It's time to go. Everyone will be waiting for us," I sigh. This isn't going to be fun.

Magic flows through our veins until we appear inside the luxurious brown cabin, miles away from the royal werewolf family.

"How is Prince Caden?" My father asks gently.

"They knocked him out right as we left. He isn't in the right mind. I doubt he ever will be." Stepping forward I come to the bed which holds a deathly white and bloody Claudia.

"This is how it has to be, and you know it." No one likes it, but we all agree with my dad. It had to be done to save us all.

"How is Nikolai doing?" I ask everyone. Though we all know who the question is really aimed at.

"His heart stopped when hers did." She whispers, tears flowing down her cheeks. "Right as you returned, it slowly began to beat. We need to hurry if we wish to save him." Her hand clutches Claudia's limp fingers as all our cousins, uncles and aunts form around us.

Blue light glows in the dark wood room as our magic flows through our veins. The family members who are only wolves stand with us in support as they know what is at risk if we fail.

"Do not worry son, everything is going as planned. We've watched Claudia grow up and become a beautiful and strong female despite her troubles." My father's blue eyes stick out in the darkness. It's a color which had been passed down each generation.

Nodding my head, I close my eyes and concentrate on drawing Nikolai's life force from his veins.

Hours pass by as we kill Nikolai over and over again. Without his werewolf genes, he'd never make it.

Feeling my magic drain I pull my hands away and look into my father's eyes. "It's done," I whisper breathlessly.

"One more part and then it's all up to fate," dad says while looking down at a dagger which is over ten thousand years old.

Knowing what to do I come to stand in front of him. My chest bare of all articles of clothing. I'm not frightened in the least bit. This is what I've been taught all my life. With sacrifice comes freedom.

"We love you, Mark, remember that. Your mother and I love you so much."

"I know dad." As I give him the go ahead, my cousins grip my arms and hold me steady right before my father brings his arms up then down,  forcing the knife into my heart...

...killing me.

Did it help you?

Do you want to read book 2?

If not...Why?

Once again I thank you for supporting me through this journey. It's been fun. Book 2 is starting to get spicy so don't miss out on it!

Don't forget to follow me on Ream to read the mature version of this for free.