Chapter 10~

POV: Caden

Rubbing my temples, I try to force the anguish out of my body. Two hundred letters down and I've never despised myself more. She practically declared her love for my cheating ass. Her letters never once describe her hate for me, only disappointment and agony. How could I be irresponsible with the one person who means the world to me? If only I hadn't slept with other women. Maybe then Jessica wouldn't have gotten the crazy idea of becoming queen.

Thinking of her sends my blood to boil. She knew my mate had been contacting me through letters and hid the evidence. What would have happened if she found out who my mate was? Would Jessica have hurt her? Had her goons taken her out and tortured her?

Standing up I scream as my fist goes through a wall. She has to be safe. I would never forgive myself if I caused her physical harm. If I find out she has one hair out of place from Jessica and her goons, I'll kill them. They don't know the meaning of the word cruel, but I promise on my life they will.

My parents weren't the only people in the room with me. After I read the first letter, I reached for another. I felt as if I would die if I stopped reading them.

My father grabbed a blanket and threw all the letters on it before carrying it to our family room. My mother requested Jason and Nikolai help read the letters. At first I was hesitant to allow them to read such personal details. They are love letters, something you don't go around sharing to other men.

Plus I'm not one hundred percent sure of Nikolai's intentions. I know for a fact he is hiding something from me.

The six warriors I sent to follow him around found him with a beautiful black haired female. He may have thought hiding her face against his chest would prevent me from finding out who she was, he was wrong. I knew he would find the two men in sitting in the car watching him. They were in the parks parking lot for crying out loud. Who wouldn't notice them? That's why I placed two females with children. These two woman took their own children to the park which made it more realistic.

Camera phones are miracles. Pretending to message their husbands they took multiple images of Nikolai and his soon to be mate.

I had a computer expert enhance the images, blowing them up. To say my breath was taken away would be an understatement. She was beyond beautiful. If I could reach out and brush my fingers across her smooth delicate skin I would have. To this moment I feel drawn to her image. If only I had a picture of her full face. She kept her back to them. One glance at the children was all the females had to snap pictures.

My first thought when I saw them was what idiotic mate would cheat and throw her away? Was Nikolai telling the truth or was he stealing her away from an unsuspecting male.

I will find out who her mate is, one way or another. For all I know Nikolai threatened him to leave her. Slowly turning around I stare down my best friend. Could he be so cruel as to keep a male from his mate? No I can't believe that. I've known him nearly half my life. He wouldn't betray me in that way.

Knowing how badly I crave to hold my mate in my arms, he wouldn't deny another male his. Then what is he up to?

"Caden come here and read this." Obeying my mother I rush to her and snatch the letter out of her hand as nicely as possible.

__________________________________________________

Dear My Love,

You took my breath away this morning. I nearly caved in my resolve to stay away. Seeing you in your royal garments warms my blood. I wish you would wear them more often, though I know they are only for special occasions.

I believe I'll be dreaming of you leaning against the golden wolf with the sun shining down upon your handsome face for years.

Maybe one day, I'll be wrapped in your warm arms as we both look out across our kingdom. I can dream right?