Chapter 27~

Not too sure If I like this chapter. 

**********************************************

Caden's POV

 Resting my head against the bed, I listen to the soft beeping noise of the heart rate monitor next to the bed. Darkness blanketed the room except for that tiny box. The tiny little zig zag line telling all to see that she is with the living.

The clock on the bedside table blinked twelve o'clock. Marking one more day of my sweet angel being in coma. One more day of not seeing her beautifully stunning eyes twinkling in the sunlight.

Each morning her family, including Theo came to visit her. They do not dare ask me to leave her side. As of her birthday I have more right to her as my soul-mate than they do for being blood related.

I allow them into my room on one condition, they never try to help her escape me again. I have a feeling she loves to run when she is scared of a certain outcome. Which includes me and other females.

I leave the side of her bed each day when my mother comes into the room demanding I take a shower. The shower last all of two minutes because I brush my teeth in the shower to cut back on time. Dressing quickly I race back in to see a tray next to the bed with dishes piled high of food. She has done that since the first day. I learned if I didn't listen to her, she would steal Claudia away from me. I choice to take care of myself in case my beauty woke up. We were already walking on egg shells. Giving her one more detail to hate isn't in the best case for me.

On the second day of her coma her brother aimed to rip my head clean off. Threatening my manhood if I dared to gaze at any female other than his sister. Knowing I had to prove myself not only to Claudia, but to her family as well I stood my ground with a level head. Straight out telling them I would kill myself if I cheat on her.

I do not believe they trusted my words.

As a young teenager I knew not what the word mate truly meant. The little shock I felt from her hand in mine all those years ago evaluates to not a damn thing now that I've held her in my arms. I've dreamt about how smooth her skin would feel as I trail my rough fingertips across her body.

I know it's not the time to think romantically about the beauty sleeping peacefully surrounded by my silk sheets, but I can't help it. My blood ignites with just a sliver of a thought.

"With time we will have her where we've desired her body to be. Underneath ours," Marcus grunts. He has been on edge ever since I physically forced him into the back of my mind. With the promise he gave Claudia broken, all he coveted was making me pay. I made him break his very first promise to his mate. Not a thing he will forgive lightly.

"With the way I'm heading, give us two years before she graces us with her delectable body. I've screwed up Marcus. Why would she want to touch my naked flesh when she knows others have tasted it? I fear she will run for the forest once we attempt at being intimate." Sitting on the edge of the bed I run my fingers through her silky smooth black hair.

There is a box of brown hair coloring in our bathroom for when she wakes up. Taylor informed me how she misses her natural color. I would have a hair artist come now and redo my sweets hair, but I feel as if it would be a bonding experience if I massage the crème into her hair myself. A tiny step towards her warming up to me being near her.

"She confessed to loving us Caden. Give her time to get accustomed to our way of life. Going from poor to filthy rich tends to shake up a few nerves. She is scared she will screw up and embarrass not only herself and family, but us. It's either you take baby steps or leap all in and take the chance of losing her." I feel his worry in my body. He is frighten I will intimidate her enough to run.