Chapter 12

"You know Lilian, we are going to have to deal with your brother sooner or later." Gabriel said as he pulled me back to see my reaction. I sighed heavily and nodded my head. "We need a plan."

I smiled softly and then tilted my head in confusion. "Gabriel, how did you find me?

"Made a friend in your uhm mate's pack and I had curiously asked if your name came up. But don't worry he's trustworthy" he said quickly assuring me, I smiled at him. "So, about your brother, I've gathered some information about him."

"Oh yea? Like what?" I asked while sitting towards him, but then raised my finger to his lips before he could talk. "We should leave this for tomorrow, we haven't talked in so long. I have to know what you have been up to."

He smiled and ran his finger under my eyes and then caressed my cheek with his hand. "It has been a while huh?"

I just nodded and leaned into his hand, closing my eyes enjoying the feel of his rough calloused hands. I often wondered why he ever decided to befriend me first and then ask me to be his girlfriend. It was an outstanding, yet traditional way to go.

"Do you remember when we met?" Gabriel asked as he pulled me closer to him and hugged me tightly against him.

I laughed and nodded, "Yeah, you were so awkward!"

"I was not "he glared at me with a smile on his face, "I was badass"

"Pfft! As if, you even spilled coffee on my brand-new shirt!" I exclaimed while hugging him back and laughing when he made a face, indicating he was trying not to remember our encounter.

. Flashback.

I huffed and puffed as I saw my brand-new shirt was spilled with the dark mucky coffee. I looked up ready to scream at the imbecile who caused this disaster. But before I could even open my mouth I was met with green orbs.

He smiled sheepishly and ran his hand through his hair as if saying "sorry".

"You owe me a new shirt and a chai latte." I said while grabbing napkins to clean my now stained white shirt, I groaned when green eyes decided to help and only made it worse. "You're only making it worse; you know?"

"Sorry, I wasn't looking and .." his voice ranged out and I almost fainted on how deep his voice sounded, I quickly held up my hand to stop him from speaking anymore.

I gulped, "Look, just get me a coffee and we will be good to go." I smiled softly and decided to let it go.

He stared at me and nodded quickly, I continued to try to mask the coffee stain but was unsuccessful. I felt a leather jacket on my shoulders and stared back at the man in front of me. He smiled and motioned me to put it on. I looked at my phone and groaned.

"what's wrong?" green eyes asked, as he held a worried look.

"I am late for class! I'm sorry have to go" I ran out the coffee shop, forgetting I was wearing the leather jacket.

~end~

I laughed at how forgetful I was, but it was a good thing because Gabriel found me and bought me a coffee and asked me out. It was crazy how we clicked instantly, but I was happy in finding someone to pass time with and possibly have a life with. That is until he left, I was broken and depressed. But I knew he would find me again, he told me so; but I began to doubt again.

"You're remembering again, aren't you?" he asked as he pulled me on his lap and I was straddling him, his green orbs staring into my silvery eyes.

"You never really told me why you left"

He looked away and held my hips tightly, "I had found my mate."

I sat still, my blood running cold. I wanted to break down, I couldn't breathe at the revelation. He found his mate. I gulped, "where is she?"

"She's alive and well, she has a son. "he still couldn't hold my gaze. My thoughts were running high, Is it his son? What the hell is he doing here kissing me? What happened?

It stayed silent as I processed his answer, I had many questions, but only one was important. "Why are you here?"

He turned to me and stared, "She was already married, and has a son. We both agreed that it would be best if we rejected each other. When I initially left, it was for her; everything that I had told you was all a lie when I meet her. I knew you would be okay, but I also was selfish in not telling you."

"So, had you both agreed to become mates, you would have never told me?"

"I wouldn't"

To say I was shocked would have been an understatement, I quickly got off him and paced in my apartment, my calico cat walking with me. Knowing I was distressed.

"Leave"

"Lil.." he began, but I held my hand up.

"Leave before I say something I regret; I need time to think." I said with a detached sound.

He nodded and left, and when I heard the door closed, I busted out in tears yet again. I slumped on my couch and groaned heavily, what the hell is going on in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oof, lots of drammmmaaa!

Thank you for reading :)