Chapter 8

Days passed since the vase of flowers were delivered to my house, it wasn't something which was at high value when I got them. But I knew that sooner, rather than later; my own brother was coming for me. I knew he wanted me to feel what he went through, but the extent to which he would go through was something that I was not sure I was ready to find out.

"Liliannn" someone said my name while getting closer and closer, I turned around to see someone who I did not expect to see. "Surprise to see me?"

I felt my jaw drop, the person in front of me was my brother.

"What are you doing here?" I almost shrieked out, grabbing his arm and pulling him into my office. As soon as the door closed, he threw me down to the floor, I winced as my body feel against the carpeted floor.

"Don't ever touch me again." He warned with a smile playing along his lips

"fuck you!" I almost screamed out, but I didn't want anyone to hear me scream; especially in front of all these wolves. I began to stand and went behind my desk, eyeing my brother.

He laughed, "such lude words, coming from you Lilian. Did all these years teach you nothing? And a mate? Will I have the chance to kill him like your last lover?" he grinned evilly.

"Leave him alone..." I told him, not wanting to bring Blake into this.

"Oh but I am just beginning" he said, and walked out.

I fell against my chair after the meeting went by, I wasn't sure how to react. I never in a million of years thought he would come into the den of wolves. It was a big surprise considering he only had meet a few with his mate.

My own brother visited me at my own job, I was surprised, and luck was never on my side because Blake was not here to hear what he had to tell me. I couldn't stop thinking about what he told me, "Dear little sister did you think I wouldn't find you? Of course, you did, but knowing you have a werewolf mate! Oh, the surprise on my face when I found out. "

I groaned at the thought of what my brother has in store for me, but until then I was going to pretend, he didn't exist for the sake of Blake never finding out about my past. I hated when someone tried to help me, that was my first mistake so many years ago...

.

. [ Flashback 5 years ago]

"You know you can tell me anything?" a male's voice sounded out as he wrapped his arms around me and buried his face into my neck. I smiled a bit, wanting to tell him but was hesitant.

"It's hard to tell you anything Devin." I chuckled out trying to lighten the mood and trying to change the topic.

"no sweetheart, no changing the topic here. Now spill what's bothering you, I know it must be those flowers" he replied while pointing at the flowers which arrived today.

I sighed and told him everything, we both ended up in the couch and his face was void without any emotion. He looked at me and held my hand.

"I can help you Lilian" he told me, his blue eyes staring into my silver eyes.

"I know you can, but I don't know what will happen .." I began, he quickly shushed me and made a quick phone call.

Days passed and I was getting worried, I knew Devin wanted to help me and we talked about it constantly but ever since he went to see a lead. He never called back; I didn't know what to do. I looked at my phone awaiting a call.

The phone blared, I quickly answered, "Devin?!!? Are you okay..?"

"Oh little sister, I never knew you were into Vampires. Devin is his name? He was a tough one I must admit." He laughed, I felt my heart drop and break at the same time. I couldn't speak, I didn't want to. I lost the man who I loved. "Don't forget you have to run again hahaha"

I hung up the phone and threw it across the room, I screamed in horror. Everything I worked for; everyone I meet; who I love die. He wanted me to be alone.

He wanted me to die alone.

.

.

. [ End of flashback]

I was beginning to think I was never going to live this down, it was never my fault, and every time I meet someone or find someone to even communicate, they always die. I need to do something; I need to stop running and finally confront my brother, but how? I can't bring Blake into this. I pondered on my thoughts before a knock sounded.

"Come in" I sounded out and saw Blake coming in with a smile on his face, I smiled back; trying not to show any emotions.

"Hello little mate, I have a surprise for you" he said while reaching out to grab my hand, his golden eyes searching for something as I perked up.

"Oh? Like what?" I asked, forgetting everything. I didn't want to ruin the surprise., I learned that Blake always caught onto my feelings. I always wanted to be a grand witch but was born to be a semi natural human.

"It's a secret" he said wrapping my eyes with a blindfold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her brother is pretty bold isnt he?

I wonder why her mom and sister keep talking to her after everything. hmmm so many questions heheh

~~sillychica

dedicateed to hsandyg for winning first place in graphic contests